NancyG2011

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: NancyG2011

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:48 pm

you'd think restaurants would begin to train their cooks how to do some things in ZERO added oil. I mean, honestly. I'm a little housewifely person from the middle of podunk, USA, and I know how to make lovely caramelized onions and sliced cabbage, curried and delicious, without using oil. It AIN'T HARD. but I think you're right about how they do things. Restaurants like that probably cook a lot of stuff ahead, and then heat as needed. Not set up to do individualized meals.

but you still look amazing! I can hardly wait...size 10's are calling to me! I heeaaarrrr themmmmm!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby afreespirit » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:55 pm

Wow you look so great Nancy. Good for you. Sorry about the ongoing problems with your son. I know it has to hurt. {hugs} :-)
afreespirit

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:58 pm

afreespirit wrote:Wow you look so great Nancy. Good for you. Sorry about the ongoing problems with your son. I know it has to hurt. {hugs} :-)

he called me yesterday and got a new job and needed new clothes. I was strong and turned him down. I am getting better! :D
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:05 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:you'd think restaurants would begin to train their cooks how to do some things in ZERO added oil. I mean, honestly. I'm a little housewifely person from the middle of podunk, USA, and I know how to make lovely caramelized onions and sliced cabbage, curried and delicious, without using oil. It AIN'T HARD. but I think you're right about how they do things. Restaurants like that probably cook a lot of stuff ahead, and then heat as needed. Not set up to do individualized meals.

but you still look amazing! I can hardly wait...size 10's are calling to me! I heeaaarrrr themmmmm!

well I got a bunch of jeans that don't fit me anymore so let me know if you want them. I went to Goodwill and got Calvin Klein size 5/6!!!!!! My others are two pairs of ladies levi 505 low cuts size 10 and a pair of Calvin Klein size 8 which were also too big. I have to go over my other clothes cause the tshirts and pants in the closet probably don't fit either!!! I usually look like a slob since I am built like a guy with no waist or hips and big shoulders so my tshirts swim on my now! Heck I used to weight 184 lbs and still have clothes from then.... I made a bunch of bathing suits when I had my sewing business and the fabric is still good but I have to redo all the elastic in them. Not that I wear them here but I still want those if I ever redo them. They were a copy of the Rose Marie Reed suits that you can adjust with ties at the bottem!!!
ncyg46

Postby afreespirit » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:06 pm

ncyg46 wrote:he called me yesterday and got a new job and needed new clothes. I was strong and turned him down. I am getting better! :D
Good deal about staying strong! Hope he keeps the job. :duh:
afreespirit

Postby ncyg46 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:02 am

well if he ever gets the clothes he needs, they told him he could start...but so far he hasn't. Oh well.... :(
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:15 pm

well I posted a month ago....thought I would check in.

I used my Wii Fit this morning and it yelled at me for not being on it in 85 days, and that my bmi of 18.something is underweight at 110 lbs!
What is a good weight range for 5'5"? The Wii wants me to be 18.51 to not be underweight...lol!

In this heat I guess I don't eat as much but I never eat more than a cup and a half of food at a meal, just not hungry anymore...
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:50 pm

it's too hot here to eat much...and I don't eat much in the first place. I am trying to add more potatoes to everything! Just not hungry right now! :D
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Added an avocado to black bean salad this week. Still eating it! Just not hungry in this heat. As you get older you don't eat as much I guess!
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:27 am

i think the photo was taken over a year ago and don't remember how much I weighed truthfully. I was 130 in 2007 and when I switched to McDougall from ETL i gained back up to 145. So I do a combo of the two I guess. I do many of Jeff's Fast Food Meals.... :D :D
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:36 am

Guess I haven't posted in awhile! I am down to 105 and now that it is getting cooler I will be eating more, hopefully! I go for my welcome to medicare tests in November so we will see how I am doing then. In the meantime, this Medicare stuff is a real pain! Can't get straight answers from anyone and I got a letter saying that I qualify for the full subsidy but can't get any answers at this point. I don't know if I need Part D for drug coverage, since I only take a few generic ones but worried about the copays without some kind of supplement program. Oh well I still have three months after Nov. 1 to find something after I am turned down by everything else! Already applied for Arizona Access and DES Nutrition Assistance. Will see what happens soon I guess. Hope I can get something!
Been trying to find something that my doctor takes! I know he takes the AARP and the Unitedhealthcare one but have to get more info from them. One is free and the other costs 138.00 or so a month...but the free one has a high deductible on expenses. Just worried about the Aortic Aneurism test since I already had one fixed.....
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:34 pm

ok, new grandma again today! Garyn Nicholas Sternett was born today 11-1-11 and weighed 6 lbs 7 oz and all is well! Aside from checking it blow by blow on Facebook, I took care of some medicare stuff and I think I am getting somewhere! Finally got thru to them after getting disconnected 5 times, it actually worked and I got some info! Now all I have to do is go to my doctor and take care of my own stuff this month and find out which plans he takes!
But they told me if I get the AARP Unitedhealthcare Advantage plan they will pay for what they are taking out of my Social Security for plan B and so it's not really an extra expense since I won't be paying for the other one. Will have to do more phone calls and research. Then maybe in January I can go to Florida and see my new grand baby!!! :D Anyway everything went well and she will be one busy mommy! :D I am a happy camper right now!!!! Next year is San Francisco!
ncyg46

Postby MmmCarbs » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:23 am

wow, congratulations!
MmmCarbs

Postby blondie » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:17 am

Congrats! Grandchildren are such a blessing!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby ncyg46 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:44 am

i will post some Facebook photos later when I get some more! I am Nancy (Pargh) Goodman on FB...either name! :D
ncyg46

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals