Nomikins Gets Real

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Nomikins Gets Real

Postby jsl » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:16 am

You're doing great! Isn't the warmer weather nice? Well, until today with icky cold rain...

Congratulations on the loose shorts - that must feel super nice...
-Jenni

jsl

Postby nomikins » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:35 am

Hey, look who's back! :D

I've been doing it "my" way the past several months. Weight is up a few pounds, but it could be worse.

Just got back from proper food shopping, so count me in!
nomikins

Postby Chile » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:49 pm

Howdy, Nomikins! I finally got my fat butt back on the McDougall wagon (that's why it tilted to one side all the sudden). I'm back to walking, training to do a half marathon sometime, somewhere. IF I stay on track and lose the weight this time - all of it - I'm even thinking that I might possibly consider exploring trying to run again. Yeehaw!

When are you gonna come down my way again? Huh? HUH?! :-D
Chile

Postby nomikins » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:03 am

I'm reacquainting myself with plant based, low calorie density eating. DUH! So good to be eating my spuds and lots of veggies, and my beloved steel cut oats.

Training for my third marathon in November.

Very busy these days, but I'll try to give more descriptive updates when I can.
nomikins

Postby kkrichar » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 am

Hey Nomilicious! Yay on the precious McD-appropriate food and training for a mari!! I just ran a 20K last weekend and am gearing up for my regular summer/fall races now. I'll be running a half-marathon in October. I promised myself I would run a full marathon if I can get through an entire year without injury. This may be the year. So far so good (knock wood). I'm always trying to do too much too soon and end up sidelined with injuries. Not this time! I'm trying to run smarter (and eat smarter). I'm on day 4 of MWL. I'm done fighting it. I've had steel cut oats for breakfast the past 2 days. Love it!

Anyhoo, excited to see you posting. Can't wait to follow your marathon training. I hope you share some of it with us.

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby Birdy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Nomikins, hey ol timer! (From one to another :-D ). Glad to see ya back on the board!
"The program is essentially cost and risk free." ~ Dr. John McDougall
Birdy

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals