~My Journey To Good Health~

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: ~My Journey To Good Health~

Postby janluvs2heel » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:18 pm

Debi,

I am sorry that someone made you feel that way. I notice that as well, some people just get so full of themselves & then they can make snide remarks, perhaps not realizing how it sounds?

I will miss reading your Journal but will check in with you on your blog.

Good luck. I hope you find health & contentment in 2011.

Jan
Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby RRC » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:26 pm

I'm sorry that you are leaving us. But you have to take care of you the best way you can. I wish luck and continued success. Remember to be kind to yourself. Healing is not always a straight line, 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. I really admire your courage and strength. You will be in my thoughts.

RRC
RRC

Postby Pacificfords » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:55 pm

I just wanted to stop back in and update my progress. It has been 7 months since my diagnosis of renal failure and they finally found the official cause. It is Celiac Disease and it is the cause of everything that has happened with my health. No Lupus, no Rheumatoid Arthritis... just Celiac Disease. The treatment... obviously a change in diet. It is possible that a few months down the road will bring healing to my kidneys, but there is no way to know exactly how much more has been damaged since July (another 7 months of eating wheat).

It sure explains alot and I am actually thrilled with the diagnosis!

Thanks for the great emails and messages that some of you have sent since I left. I am doing great and even better now that I have a diagnosis.
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
http://healthyandknowit2012.blogspot.com/
Pacificfords

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:00 pm

happy for you! At least you know what you are dealing with now!! :D :D
ncyg46

Postby kkrichar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:06 pm

I'm so glad you have something to battle now. You can feel like you know your path and confidently walk down it. That must provide some emotional relief. Miss you here but glad you checked in with an update. Good luck addressing the celiac disease. I hope your kidneys heal.

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:18 pm

check out the McDougalltalk chat thread...not too many people go on there and it is fun to talk! I missed the last one, Ed was using the computer...
ncyg46

Postby RAS » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:34 pm

I am glad you have a diagnosis,now you can move in the right direction.Miss your posts,but please keep coming back with up-dates. RAS
RAS

Postby Pacificfords » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Thanks! I appreciate all the positive comments. It has been a really interesting few weeks. I have continued to get much sicker with the gluten in my diet, including a blistering rash on my legs... but the doctor said it was good that I didn't stop the gluten a few weeks ago or the tests might not have shown what they needed to. I have been gluten free now for two days... truly gluten free now that I understand what it really means. Little did I know that even some of my medications had gluten in them and I have been taking them everyday for months.

I am starting to feel much better already, but I know it will take a few weeks for my body to really start the healing process. I am just so glad I know exactly what is happening now. Sadly, I had a bad doctor to begin with or they could have diagnosed this in July and saved my kidneys from 7 more months of damage. Not much to do but hope that they come back to a degree that I can live healthy for the next many years. I am grateful that I was McDougalling during those past months because I think it may have stopped whatever damage was happening. I had cut back quite a bit on wheat until the past few weeks.

I have a journey ahead, for sure, but one that I am excited about now. Ironic, but when you go through the scare of cancer and kidney transplant... Celiac Disease seems very minor. :) Thanks so much for all the words of encouragement.

Debbie, I didn't keep my blog. It was too hard to keep up with two, so I just kept the caringbridge blog and maybe I will try and post here more often. :)
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:33 pm

keep in touch...we miss you! or join facebook! :D
ncyg46

Postby Pacificfords » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi :) Just thought I would stop by and update. Haven't been here for a while. Things are going well. I'm a totally gluten free girl now and lovin it. Living on rice and veggies most of the time! I remember a day when I thought plain rice would never taste good, but I finally got there. A little dash of spice and it tastes perfect. I am maintaining my kidney disease very well. Still no change, not getting worse, not getting better. If the gluten is the cause of my kidney issues, they say it can take months before things really start to heal. I am patient.

I did finally make it officially into the 200's with my weight and am steadily going down. That feels great! Started my iron ifusion therapy and now I actually have some energy. So all in all... things are going great. Life is good! :D
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby kkrichar » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:40 pm

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you and really glad you checked in!

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Postby RAS » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks for the up-grade.Please don't make yourself so scarce,we miss you. RAS
RAS

Postby ncyg46 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:02 am

glad you checked in! :D
ncyg46

Postby Pacificfords » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:19 pm

RAS wrote:Thanks for the up-grade.Please don't make yourself so scarce,we miss you. RAS

Thanks... It is nice to be missed. :) I was thinking I would be around more now. I have had a nice break away and it has given me time to really get myself settled into a routine and lifestyle... what works for me. I enjoy the site alot and miss being around.
Debi

Blogging my journey at:
Pacificfords

Postby veggielou » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Welcome back. Look forward to hearing about your progress and reading your post.
Lucille .
veggielou

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals