Dr. McD Meets Bill W: 12-steps to total health

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Dr. McD Meets Bill W: 12-steps to total health

Postby RAS » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Oh Kelly Please stick to the program,we all have slips,I did this week-end and am really struggling to keep the pleasure trap at bay.Every thing looks tempting,even stuff I don't even like. :mad: Stay here and stay focussed.We can do this.We're here for each other.E-mail me privately if you want.This heat is just too much and our bodies will hold on to the fluid if we are not getting enough..RAS ps are you drinking enough water?
RAS

Re: Dr. McD Meets Bill W: 12-steps to total health

Postby kkrichar » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:46 pm

I finally broke through the water retention yesterday. It all dropped off overnight just like it came on a week and a half ago. This heat is a bear. I thought it was supposed to cool off on Friday but we went from one heat warning right into another one.

I actually had some new weight loss this morning! That was nice. I missed seeing the scale go down. Always a welcome sight!

I have a 7 mile race Saturday morning and I'm a little worried about the heat. I just have to adjust my expectations. I'm in the best shape I've been since I started running again 5 years ago. I really had high hopes for this race but I just can't seem to acclimate to the heat. So, I need to enjoy the festivities and the music and the time with my friend and forget about setting any personal bests this year. I'll be a great position to do well in October for the half marathon. It'll be much cooler and a lot of fun!

I'm still on plan and enjoying it! Hope everyone else is having a great day.

HW: 220 lbs BMI=36.3
CW: 162 lbs BMI=26.5
GW: 135 lbs BMI=22.3
kkrichar

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals