Kitty Adventures Journey of a lifetime

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Kitty Adventures Journey of a lifetime

Postby bunsofaluminum » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:58 am

Hi Kitty

LTNS. Thanks for dropping by with your good vibes at my journal. I'm taking a minute to stop by and say hi to people before I head to work.

Your 30 day challenge looks like a good idea. I may have to do something about that. :lol:

blessings, Heidi
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Re: Kitty Adventures Journey of a lifetime

Postby kittyadventures » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Oh Gosh i finally found my old Journal,

For any one who doesn't know I went through a whole spell of being off Mc Dougall and finding out just how important it was for me to be here and eating this way, Teh combination of an injury and going to college completely threw me for a loop... which is just an excuse for not eating properly.

Anyway I am back and working my way through a Marys Mini

I am using beans and oatmeal as my starch with occasionally potatoes.
I chose the beans for several reasons.

Due to my blood sugar issues I was not loosing weight, and when I eat the potatoes my blood sugar was fluctuating too much, and I was eating every hour on top of it I started to have some numbness in my feet, I didn't want to go from there to getting it in my lips so I decided to try finding ways to stay McDougall and eat what keeps me satisfied longer.

I am trying to have salads at both lunch and dinner along with some cooked veggies and trying to keep teh beans to about 1 cup no more than 2 cups.. honestly though so far I have not gone over 1 and 1/2 cups a day so far as the beans are so filling and I can go for at least 3 hours before needing to eat again. This is crucial in getting my sugar levels down.

I believe when my weight goes down below 150 I should be much better but only time will tell, for now my biggest goal is to get below 170 pounds. It is my own personal nemesis. I get close then my weight goes up a bit I get discouraged and am back to fighting it again.. so this Mary's Mini is for the big prize of getting below 170.
:-D
Who knew an Apple a day, really would keep the Doctor away!
"Be the change you want to see in the world"--Gandhi.

http://www.kittyadventures.wordpress.com

Days in a row of exercise: 9
kittyadventures

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals