Stella's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Stella's Journal

Postby Stella » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:30 am

Hey all,
Still doing great. On track and all that. Loving the changing weather and not really looking forward to the snow except that I started snowshoeing last year with a friend to get out of the smog and that is very fun. We only go once a week and last year I had to work hard to keep up with her now I think I'm in way better shape and will have no problem. Had a great weekend getting tons of yard work and house work done. DS has a cross country meet today so I'm off to get the snacks.
Todays plan.....
B oatmeal, blueberries, sugar
L Festive Dahl soup (oh so good!)
D Herb and scallion jasmine rice with gingered bok choy
S apple and potato
Gotta find a way to stop using sugar on the oatmeal. I usually put about two teaspoons on and it's the only sugar I have but I want to stop all sugar. I've tried raisins but it's not quite the same. I'll try cutting down 1/2tsp every few days maybe. Weight loss is still good just slower than before. I'm about 20lbs to my goal and I'm down 1lb every two weeks or so. I'm ok with that though cause I'm enjoying the food so much and feel I can eat this way forever as long as I continue to lose and don't have to go hungry.
Hope you all have a good day.
Peace,
Stella
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjd6eUR/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjd6eUR/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Stella

Postby Stella » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:57 am

Well yesterday was crazy. I took some potatoes with me while running around and wasn't really hungry for them. Picked up DD from school to go to DS cross country meet and she ate my potatoes! Ha. I was pretty happy though. I had brought her a granola bar and she said she didn't want something sweet. Dinner didn't get made cause the meet went real late so I stopped and got beans and rice with salsa and a bit of guacamole (i know i know.) There is a little oil in the rice too. I was really hungry and I haven't done that in a while. Of course it triggered my sweet tooth and I had to resist all night. Luckily I bought some strawberries earlier so I ate 1/2 a pint of those AND a banana before I could quell the beast. I figured it was better than what I really wanted. I'm better now though. Just a reminder that even a little off plan can awaken old tastes.
Todays plan
B the usual
L last of the festive dahl soup and a potato
D really gonna make the bok choy and herbed rice
S apple and or potato
E 3mile walk with my doggy

Have a great day
Peace,
Stella
Stella

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:09 am

Stella wrote:Yesterday was crazy fun. My friends took me to see a movie but it was last minute so I only had a snack for lunch then came home and had my lunch at 3:30. DD and I went to see Mary Poppins, which was soooo good. It was such a fun show. I highly recommend it when it comes to your town. Anyway, we left at 6:00pm and I still wasn't hungry so I had another snack, just some grapes and corn tortillas with salsa. We didn't get home until almost 11:00pm. They had concessions but you can only imagine what that was. I didn't want anything so when I got home I was starving but also physically spent so I had a banana and went to bed. This morning I'm a little sleepy but feel pretty good. Gotta wake up DD soon. She's not gonna like that. Oh well, it was so fun. She won't forget that anytime soon.
Well, doggy doesn't care how tired I am. She says "Let's get going."
Todays plan.....
B oatmeal, blueberries, sugar
L still have leftover beans and tamale pie
D gotta get groceries and make something I'm thinking nacho soup
(I've been eating tons of Mexican food lately)
S potatoes
E 3mile walk and hopefully my 20-30 minutes of weights if not too tired.

Have a good day all.
Peace,
Stella

yay Mary Poppins! We got to see it on opening night, and I was thrilled. It was SO MUCH FUN!

I'm looking at your menus and getting some wonderful ideas!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Stella » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm still singin those Mary Poppins songs all day!

Kind of wiped out today. Only walked the dog 2 miles today cause of it. She looked at me funny when I turned too early. She wasn't happy with me but I figured 2 was better than none. Got a busy day. I'm helping with an ice cream party for about 25 kids. DD will have soy. I will abstain. Doesn't even sound good.
DS has another cross country meet and it's supposed to rain. I'll bring an umbrella and a towel for him. Luckily I have leftovers cause we'll be home around 7pm. I'll stick a potato in my purse and risk the curious stares of other moms.
Most people keep telling me potatoes turn to sugar and make you gain weight. I'm tired of trying to convince them. It must be working for me though cause I bought my first size 10 pants the other day!! Ok they stretch and all of my 12s still fit so I'm owning the 12s now and 10s are just around the corner. I feel so weird cleaning out my closet though. I donate my others but there are only a few things in my closet which I'm fine with but I have HUGE bags to take to the thrift store and I feel like I was such a waster for so long. It was so hard to find things that I thought were cute when I was a 16/18 that I bought too much.(if that makes sense) That way I had options. Now I'm happy with jeans and a t-shirt. I don't want to spend as much either cause I'm thinking my goal should be an 8. We'll see. Anyway, I'm rambling.
Today's plan
B oatmeal blueberries raisins sugar
L leftover rice and bok choy
D leftovers again
S potatoes
E 2mile walk
Have a great day
Peace,
Stella
Stella

Postby Stella » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Had a good weekend. Decided to start posting my menu from the previous day rather than planned menu. I'm not cheating but often don't feel like having what I planned. So here's yesterday.
B oatmeal, raisins, blueberries & stevia
L last of the herbed rice and bok choy
D pintos, spanish rice, fajita veggies, salsa, onions and 3TBS guacamole (DD loves it and I was real careful with how much) 2 corn tortillas
S banana and popcorn
E 2 mile doggy walk

My weight loss is definitely slowing down but I'm not concerned cause I'm happy with my food choices and I'll just make sure it continues to go down even if it's slow. I'm down to 170 from a high of 208. My goal is 150 cause I'm 5'7" and never been a skinny so I think that's doable. I'm dying just to get into the 160's. But slow and steady like the turtle. I'll check in later all
Peace,
Stella
Stella

Postby Stella » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:00 am

So yesterday I had an upset stomach all night. I think it might have been the pintos. Not sure but I'll leave the rest of the leftovers for hubby and kids. Yesterdays menu
B oatmeal, raisins, blueberries, stevia
L pintos, rice, salsa, fajita veggies w/corn, two corn tortillas
D same as lunch
S orange
E 3 mile walk, 30 mins strength training
saw 169.5 on the scale after my walk today. Not gonna count it until it's more consistent though. Have a great day everyone.

Stella
Stella

Postby Stella » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:43 am

Great week. Busy as usual but also had some down time to get some house things done which feels good. Loving the weather and hoping it stays warm enough for my tomatoes to come in. My volunteer tomato is loaded and since it came in late they are all still green. I'll be overflowing with tomatoes though when they do. I can't wait. I love tomatoes. My kids only like tomatoes in spaghetti sauce or salsa so I'll have to make a few cans of those too. Eating is on track and this morning I was 168.5. Very happy with that.
I made that festival dal soup and it was so good that there are hardly any leftovers so I gotta figure out something easy for tonight. I love Jeff's curry cauliflower potato SNAP. I think I have everything already for that so I guess that's it. Don't feel the need to post my food since it's all on track. Exercise is still my 3 mile doggy walk and now I'm headed for some resistance training.
Have a great first day of Fall every one!

Peace,
Stella
Stella

Postby Stella » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:18 am

Hi all,
Still plugging along. Not much new to post since everything is going well. I'm still eating the good stuff and enjoying it. I made some mac and cheeze with peas, tomatoes and broccoli the other day for comfort food after a crazy day and I felt it kind of triggered cravings. It's just a nutritional yeast sauce but I think it's probably a bit high in calories and therefore starts other cravings. Anyway, I'll rethink making that only on special occasions. I resisted the cravings but I haven't had any for a while so it wasn't fun. I'm back to lots of SNAP meals and more potatoes. I over did the potatoes for a while and I'm enjoying them again as a snack etc. I'm still walking my doggy 3 miles a day and the scale is still going down, even if it's slowed. It's fun to finally feel like I can do this long term and not worry about stressful situations sending me on a bender. I have so many "go to" meals that save me from blowing it. I probably will only be posting every couple of weeks or so now since there's not much new and I feel in control.
Hope you're all plugging along too.
Peace,
Stella
Stella

Postby Stella » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:27 pm

Things are still going well but with all the people doing the Challenge I thought I would challenge myself. I don't want to join cause I probably won't be as strict and don't want to mess up anyone but I'm going to get back to some other things that have been missing lately. Mainly lots of fresh raw greens. I eat lots of veggies frozen but I decided to speed up weight loss I'll add in more raw veggies. Esp. salad. I made a huge one over the weekend with lettuce, grated fresh beets, onions and white beans topped with 321 dressing. If I eat that I usually will eat a bit less for dinner and it's really good. I know the 321 dressing isn't unprocessed but again, I'm not being as strict about that. As long as it's MWL. I should note though that I occasionally have pasta, although not MWL, it is fairly low in calorie density. I've been exceptionally hungry lately and have allowed an occasional bowl of grapenuts to sneak in. No more than 2x a week but it's enough to keep me wanting more and it's more calories than I need if I want to continue losing. I'm at 168 and can't seem to budge for the last week so I'm pretty sure that's what's going on. I'm still walking 6 days a week and doing resistance 2x a week. I need more potatoes and less pasta! I've also reduced the sugar in my oatmeal. It's the only time I have it but I'm trying to get that out too. It's easy to become complacent and so I'm really glad I can read Sactobob's blog and others who are really doing it. I'm very happy with my food choices.

B oatmeal, 10raisins, 1/2 tsp sug on top
L HUGE salad 321 dressing, homemade veggie soup w/beans
D Leftover soup, kale, spanish rice
S apple and/or banana depending on hunger

Keep going everyone!
Peace,
Stella
Stella

Postby StarchBeet » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:29 pm

I'm sorry I missed the 3-2-1 dressing and if you don't reply I'll just use the search engine, but I'd like to see that recipe.

I made a great dressing that I heated and thickened with corn starch last night that was interesting, too.
StarchBeet

Postby Stella » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:50 pm

It's from the Esselstyn book. 3 parts balsamic vinegar (I'm loving the 4% acidity from another thread but any kind works) 2 parts dijon mustard 1 part maple syrup or other sweetener. A little goes a long way too cause it's so flavorful. Hey I just saw your photos on the testimonial board. You look great. I went to Costa Rica about 2 years ago and I'm down about 30lbs from there. Wish I could go back but hopefully I'll get to go to another ASW. We'll see. Luckily hubby is on board and loves to go too.
Thanks for stopping by.
Stella

Postby Stella » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Feeling great. Haven't weighed myself but I know things are starting to move. I've really enjoyed the large salads every day. Usually for lunch and no more than 1 oz of walnuts on top. That has been eye opening. I could put walnuts on everything if I'm not being careful. I started thinking, hey I should put these on my oatmeal too. But I know that's a slippery slope so I measure them out and put them away. I'm also making soup which is low calorie dense and delicious. I love the way soup fills you up. I admit I get hungry faster but I've also noticed that hunger isn't as uncomfortable. I've been looking into that whole "toxic hunger" thing that Sactobob is talking about with Fuhrman and it made sense. Since eating cleaner in general my hunger isn't as strong or often. However, I would love to know why 7-9 days a month I am WAY more hungry than the rest of the days. I stay on plan but I eat sometimes twice what I do regularly. I want things like pasta and calorie dense foods during that time. Maybe hormonal? I don't have bad monthly episodes but maybe there is something going on I just don't know about. Anyhoo, it feels good to be eating even healthier than before and to keep improving.
B oatmeal, blueberries, raisins, 1tsp sug (I'm starting to adjust to that)
L HUGE salad w/lettuce, spinach, beans, onions, beets, sweet potato, walnuts and 321
D butternut squash soup w/corn and roasted bell peppers. (it's cold and rainy so extra good!)

Be well!!
Peace,
Stella
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjd6eUR/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wjd6eUR/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Stella

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals