K2

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: K2

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:54 pm

karin_kiwi wrote:Thanks Anna and Melinda. Anna, I looked for your journal a few times and didn't see it, was wondering if you were still here!

I've decided to consider my calves shapely. I don't get why, as a clothing size 8ish (average NZ woman size 16), I have problems fitting knee high boots. I have a pair, after trying many many ones on, but the zip is still snug. I see women much larger than I am with knee boots and their calves look smaller than mine. Ah well. One of those mysteries of life. :D

thick calves :\ I got em, too. I've known women much heavier than me at my heaviest, who had shapely ankles and calves. Me? Not pretty at all, even in my current size 14 (which I just wrote about in my journal...I used to DREAM of this size :D) And, remembering when i was 15 and had a cute figure, I had heavy legs, thick ankles. *pout* Never have been able to wear knee boots, and I don't wear dresses. Ever.

congrats on all you have accomplished, my dear! It was very cool seeing your post :) brought back some memories.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby carollynne » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:39 pm

I have really been inspired to keep at this McD plan while reading all the journals, and I really love yours!! You are so blessed honest and I love it. IT helps me to really all the nitty-gritty of what others go thru to lose. Believe me, you are not alone in all your struggles. And I think it is great that some old friends, and clients, or acquaintances of yours take a real double look or a jaw dropping moment while looking at you... so very cool! 8)
I am eating a lot of potatoes too!! Funny how the medical professionals all want to stop us all from eating all these potatoes, when the potato is the perfect food! MY husband has a bit too high glucose number now and got the lecture from the doc to watch how much white potatoes he is eating... jeez louise!!
thanks for posting, I think it is so neat that you have turned into a super athlete, lost 140 lbs and raising 2 children, and work for compensation too. wow super mom!!
my hat is off to you!! :-D
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Pictures - if this works... never done before

Postby karin_kiwi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:56 pm

I looked like this...

and even more embarrassingly...

And me a couple of months ago on my way to a function for my industry... Sorry it was on a cellphone so it's small....

And finally, at the end of a 10k race a few months ago...

I need a nice recent photo of myself (with makeup - without the sweat) that isn't microscopic... :D
Last edited by karin_kiwi on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All time high 275+ lbs/125+ kgs (maxed out scale!). Was a size 26-28. * * * Fastest 10 km (6.25 miles) run time 55.30; half marathon time 2:13.49.

Dealing with the maintaining huge weight loss thing... imperfectly and with some challenges.
karin_kiwi

Postby bunsofaluminum » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:09 pm

wow! amazing!

that pic in the swimsuit could have been me, for SURE. I was totally there, even to the long dark hair :)

You should be SO PROUD OF YOURSELF! What an accomplishment. I love the running and the petite lithe body in the small picture. SO encouraging! yayayaaay!
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby afreespirit » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Outstanding! I am your fan! 8) Yeah, don't those "before" pix look familar, right down to the food and drink in hand... :lol:

You are a beautiful woman K2. Well done. :)
afreespirit

Postby f1jim » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Nothing convinces like before and after pics. It's the secret to the popularity of The Biggest Loser, Heavy, and other shows, as well as bringing out the wow factor in all of us.
Nice job.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby nicoles » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Wow! Congratulations on your success and what great before-and-after pictures!

I must say, you are beautiful in every picture, from the first to the last, but it is so great to see that you are now HEALTHY and beautiful!

What an accomplishment! :-D
Tough times don't last, tough people do

Read the results of my journey here: Nicole S. O'Shea vs. Psoriatic Arthritis

My Journal
nicoles

Postby sksamboots » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 pm

Amazing!!! Love this Karen. Here is your story all in picture. Love it!!! :D
sksamboots

Re: Pictures - if this works... never done before

Postby hazelrah » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:37 pm

karin_kiwi wrote:I looked like this...
I need a nice recent photo of myself (with makeup - without the sweat) that isn't microscopic...

Sorry to disagree, Karin, but, to my mind there is no more flattering picture of someone than in stride, with the bib on , near the end of a race. It represents health and hope, and is the very essence of the long journey you started when you began this lifestyle. You could not look better than you do there.

Congratulations on how far you've come and how far you will continue to go in your journey of health.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby karin_kiwi » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Wow, thanks everyone!!! I wasn't expecting so many people to see and comment here in the little corner of the Journal forum. :) It's odd to think that what I've done could have meaning and relevance to people I've never met. I'm glad you all did comment, though! I appreciate and value each and every one of you and your feedback.

Mark, your words took me by surprise and really hit me (in a very good way!). Thanks.
All time high 275+ lbs/125+ kgs (maxed out scale!). Was a size 26-28. * * * Fastest 10 km (6.25 miles) run time 55.30; half marathon time 2:13.49.

Dealing with the maintaining huge weight loss thing... imperfectly and with some challenges.
karin_kiwi

Postby StarchBeet » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:37 am

Thank you for showing the way.

Thanks for loving yourself and caring enough to do what you can.

I found you so inspirational. And you look just marvelous!
StarchBeet

Postby Jubilee » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:44 pm

Wowie, zowie!!!! You are beautiful! What an inspiration!

Your before picture looks just about like mine, so it's totally inspiring to me. And I have to agree with Mark, your race photo is the most healthy, beautiful, hopeful looking pose that I can think of. It's exactly what I envision for myself!

Blessings,
Jubilee
Jubilee

Postby karin_kiwi » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:42 pm

Did a 60 minute run yesterday and got to 9.4km - which works out to about a 1 hr 4 min 10k time, which is faster by 2.5 minutes than my previous best. Doesn't quite count though as I didn't go a whole 10k.

Am doing a 10k on the 8th of May, but I won't be setting any records there. I looked at last year's finish times and they're a good 10 minutes slower than I'd expect to see for the distance, which indicates it's a pretty challenging course! I know there's at least one enormous hill...

Needing to focus on exercise as going through a bad emotional patch... Sigh.

karin_kiwi

Postby carollynne » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:47 am

Dear K2.
I really appreciate the guts it took to show the pictures of yourself at your heaviest. It is a big inspiration to me to keep at this plan. You made it from the highest of 275 and down to 136 that is so stupendous. why doesn't this kind of success story make the huge CNN type of news? I know why, what am I thinking of, it is because of big medicine business has got to be in control of our everythings!
Again great going and never look back, that is my motto and boy oh boy do you ever look great!! What does hubby say? He must be so proud of you!
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby Anna Green » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Oh yea mama!!!! Lookin good!! You are inspiring to me. I'm impressed that you are running to help deal with emotional pain.
Anna Green

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals