Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Ege Bamyasi and His Journey to Regain His Life

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:02 pm

Kirk...
at our brunch today I spoke to a lawyer from Washington. He says to go with the first adoption papers that they have a record of and get her ID card. As far as social security cards, I still have my maiden name on mine even though I am collecting widow benefits from my married name. They do know who she is. You can change things later as you get more info but a "birth certificate" will get you started and then you can continue to research it...Hope this helps! :D
ncyg46

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:24 am

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:29 am

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby nomikins » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:38 am

YAY, Kirk! I love shopping the closet for those smaller clothes, too! Well done and I'm so glad your wounds are finally getting the message and healing. It's going to be interesting to see how your weight loss could pick up the pace now.

Also, been following the saga. Been sending you and J positive energy to get through this crap and hope it's resolved sooner rather than later. Keep on keepin' on. :D
nomikins

Postby bunsofaluminum » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:52 am

Hi Kirk!

good to see you posting, and AWESOME, the topic!I mean, the old jeans from back in the day, and the sores on your leg healing! that is SUCH wonderful news :D

I hope everything works out with the paperwork for the DL :roll: I'm not looking forward to renewing mine, I'll tell ya.
Last edited by bunsofaluminum on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby lydia » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:55 am

Kirk, that is the best news ever about your leg...finally healing. Sure shows the power of this diet as you have had no medical help. I am no happy for you as that had to be a bummer dealing with a leg that wasn't healing.
It is always good to see your posts. I am amazed that you have stuck to this so well through all the set backs you have had!!!! Can't wait to see your next px. YOU ROCK!!!
lydia

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:37 am

that's just great Kirk!!! Glad it is healing up and that you still can shop in your closet!!!! Good thing you saved that stuff, but you can get rid of the BIG clothes, you aren't going back there!
ncyg46

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:23 am

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby ETeSelle » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:46 am

You TRULY rock. You're a real inspiration! Your chart looks amazing, and just think what it will look like NEXT year!
Ege Bamyasi wrote:I'm trying to keep my anxiety level down, and to that end I'm going to begin exercising again, regularly, beginning in the next couple of days once the room here gets a good cleaning. I have a lot more endurance on my feet now, but it still hurts to move around for too long -- especially in the hips and knees. I will be using the recumbent as much as I can, provided it doesn't worsen any of that.

Have you used hand weights? You could do that sitting down, and that really does burn calories!! Find some good ex's you can do sitting down and get a 2 5-pound hand weights for starters. I'll bet that would be a great start!
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby ncyg46 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 am

I tried to see the eclipse...cloudy out though. Saw it on tv this morning. Oh well.....
ncyg46

Postby frozenveg » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:34 pm

I will be using the recumbent as much as I can, provided it doesn't worsen any of that. I'm hoping it will make things better, but then I thought that all the weight I've lost would lessen my hip pain, but instead it's been getting a bit worse lately. So, we'll see.

Kirk, for what it's worth, I had terrible hip and knee pain when I started McD-ing in January, and it went away after losing some, then it came back a few months later, then it went away again with some twinges. Sometimes exercise, even with the recumbent, made (makes) it better, and sometimes it made it worse. I guess what I'm trying to say is it hasn't been a straight slope for me, so don't be too discouraged. I think it's better to think that it comes and goes, rather than thinking, "it came back and will never go away"!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby Mary Dardinger » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:19 pm

The winter solstice was a very dark night astrophysically, but a day of great light emotionally. (We had cloud cover here in the Phoenix area, too, and missed the lunar eclipse.) So happy for you and your Tempean bride, Kirk, that your left foot is healing! Yes! :)

Some of the slacks that I'm saving were too skinny when I bought them. Looking forward to finally getting to wear them in a few months.
Question Authority Respectfully
Question Assumptions Relentlessly
Mary Dardinger

Postby fulenn » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:26 am

Hi Kirk! Long time no see. :) I just finished catching up on your journal; you have been through quite a year. You are pretty amazing to stay as positive as you have and to have such a healthy accomplishment behind you. You will be under 300 before you know it.

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby Ege Bamyasi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Last edited by Ege Bamyasi on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ege Bamyasi

Postby ncyg46 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:23 pm

hang in there Kirk....Not smoking so I can somewhat relate to the stress!
The pieces will fall in place eventually! :D Maybe we can meet you somewhere in Vegas in Feb...although we will have to take the bus!
ncyg46

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals