141 by 41 Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

141 by 41 Journal

Postby 141 by 41 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Testing the ticker! :P It may say "0 lb lost" right now but it won't stay that way for long! Will also need to fix the start weight tomorrow once I know what it is. :shock:

Decided to *officially* start MWL tomorrow but actually have begun somewhat today with eating a good lunch (McD cup - Spring Onion my FAVORITE!), then going to the grocery to pick up MWL dinner foods as well as MWL foods for the pantry. Tossed all the non-MWL foods from my office and will do the same as soon as I get home.

I'm set! I'm ready!
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
141 by 41

Welcome!

Postby seestorcoo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:39 pm

Good for you for making a decision that is so good for you! You will find lots of support here.

Have a great day.
If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.
seestorcoo

Postby Letha » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:44 pm

Welcome to the journal forum. Cleaning out the cupboards is an excellent way to start. Talk to you soon. :-D
Letha
Letha

Postby Melinda » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:12 pm

All the best to you! Yes, cleaning out the cupboards is a good way to start. Yesterday I threw out my olive oil (which I had quit using) and my canola oil, which I bought in December to make vegan cookies, plus my Earth Balance.
Melinda

Postby Joe927 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:27 am

Looks like we're starting together. I need to get my ticker up and running! I look forward to trying to keep up with you. :-D
Joe927

Postby Melinda » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:04 am

Make sure you eat enough, though, to satisfy your hunger. Not trying to be critical, but if all I ate was a cup of soup for lunch, I would be ravenous within an hour.
Melinda

Starting Day!

Postby 141 by 41 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 am

This morning weighed in at 194.4 pounds. The last time I was nearly this heavy was about six years ago. Sort of a let down BUT on the other hand, I know I've been "this" heavy before and I also know (MORE IMPORTANTLY) that I can eat healthy to get healthy and trim because I've done it recently. I know people who've never been thin their entire lives and don't have that reference point ... I do and am very thankful for it!

And, after all, it IS the FIRST day so I have to start at some weight! :-P

Melinda - No worries for me about eating enough! :lol: I eat 5 meals a day (b/s/l/s/d) and firmly believe in NOT being hungry. I've been eating McD regular plan (75%) for a few years now and love that I'm "allowed" to eat when hungry. Would never/have never been successful with the whole starving/hungry idea.

Joe927 It's a VERY GOOD day to start, don't you think? I look forward to seeing your ticker up AND both of ours showing a loss at next week's weigh in.

Melinda & Letha When I first started with the regular McD program, I cleaned out the house as the first thing. My home should be a retreat from pressures/stresses and it didn't make sense to keep non-food in the house to constantly battle with. Last night, there wasn't much to toss ... some dried fruit, tortillas with oil in them and very little white rice. Still, even with those few things, it seemed like a brand new, clean kitchen! :D

seestorcoo Thank you! I'm very encouraged already after reading all the posts! Looking forward to sharing with everyone on this journey.
141 by 41

Postby Becky » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:57 pm

Welcome! Looking forward to watching your progress!

Becky
See how I am McDougallizing the recipes in
Robin Roberston's "1000 Vegan Recipes" -
https://testing-1000vr.blogspot.com/
Becky

How Hard Was That?!

Postby 141 by 41 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:02 am

This morning I didn't weigh myself. How hard was that?!? Pretty darn hard! For the last couple of months, I've been weighing myself daily - watching the scale go up/down/up/down. One of my goals following MWL is to only weigh once a week (Thursdays) so there isn't much of the up/down roller coaster effect. I LIKE the idea of once a week - even did it for years before the recent daily deal but, whew, it sure was hard to keep off the scale this morning. :lol:

On another successful note - how close did I keep to my goals the first day ....

1. Eat MWL - successful
2. Meditate - successful
3. Exercise - successful
4. Weigh in Thursday - successful
5. Posted what/when I could - sucessful

Although *NOW* is as good of time as any to start things in the right direction, I can see the benefit of starting something Monday morning. There's 5 days of practice under the belt before the weekend starts! I know that PLANNING is what will make this weekend another success - need to have the food planned/ready so there's no slippage.

Becky Thank you!
141 by 41

Re: How Hard Was That?!

Postby Letha » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:05 am

141 by 41 wrote:On another successful note - how close did I keep to my goals the first day ....

1. Eat MWL - successful
2. Meditate - successful
3. Exercise - successful
4. Weigh in Thursday - successful
5. Posted what/when I could - sucessful

I love your positive attitude. Best wishes.
Letha
Letha

Postby Joe927 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 am

I weighed myself this morning. I'm really doing it out curiosity for the working of my body. I think I will switch to once a week starting next Thursday, I'm just trying not to hang too much on what my weight does day to day. Good job with meditation, it's something I have a hard time getting myself to do. What kind of meditation do you do? Do you focus on an object, or your breath?

Keep up the good work!
Created by MyFitnessPal.com
Joe927

Postby 141 by 41 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:51 pm

Letha You're exceptional - I'll try to follow and keep up. :-D The recipe list is WOW! There goes the old question of "what to eat?".

Joe927 I'm curious too but, for today, decided to wait it out. Any loss is good but I think I'll enjoy the "WHOA X POUNDS!" next Thursday more than seeing small amounts day-by-day.

For meditation, I'm either in corpse pose or just seated and focus in on my breathing with my eyes closed. Yesterday was a little hard but did manage 15 minutes. I'm certain it was where I was (location) more than anything. It wasn't a very relaxing place even though, initially, I thought it would be.
141 by 41

Postby Letha » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:49 pm

I’ve been wanting to get back to meditation too. You are setting a good example for me.
Letha
Letha

Postby 141 by 41 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:18 pm

How'd yesterday go???

1. Eat MWL - 99% successful. Started munching on a whole wheat product before I caught myself! Only a few bites, so I'm not counting it so much.

2. Meditate - successful. Got it in twice today! woo-hooo!!! Seems like when I'm finished about 50 pounds of stress is lifted from my shoulders for a while. Going to start yoga on Monday so I'll have more meditation/exercise/stress relief into my day.

3. Exercise - successful. Got in one walk only - would like to carve out more time for breaks/walks during the work hours but geez that darn "work" stuff gets busy sometimes! Okay, every day and I need to figure out a way to incorporate a break/walk to keep my head focused when I'm at work.

4. Weigh in Thursday - successful. Today (Saturday) was so hard, again, not to weigh! I'm so curious to know if any weight is coming off but at the same time what to have that "WHOA" experience on Thursday. My rings are sliding more on my fingers so I'm guessing the water bloat is going away -- YAY!

5. Posted what/when I could - successful
141 by 41

Postby Letha » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Successful. Successful. Successful. Successful. Successful.
I think I’m spotting a trend here. :-D
You’re doing great.
Letha
Letha

Next

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals