New and seeking the Vitamin E thread

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New and seeking the Vitamin E thread

Postby Leeda » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:05 am

Dear Jeff,

I have been plant based for a couple of years but definitely still learning. I recently discovered your videos and appreciate them so much--Thank you! The information is extremely helpful & I am making new adjustments based on your input. Also shared them with my plant-based friends & family. Thank you again.

I came to your forum seeking information on how to get adequate vitamin E without resorting to high fat sources (almonds, sunflower seeds, avocado). In your hot topics list there are references to a Vitamin E thread so I'm sure you have already covered this. However, I was not able to find the prior threads using the Advanced Search function. I searched on "vitamin E" and +vitamin +E and it keeps giving me a list of results that includes ALL vitamins (over 7000 hits)--I can't get it to narrow the results to just Vitamin E.

Would you kindly link me to this topic. It seems I am getting approximately 12 mg / day of E from a variety of whole plant foods but would really like to get the 15 mg RDA. Recently saw a video with Dr. Neil Barnard in which he names dietary vitamin E as one of the important factors in Alzheimer's prevention. All other nutrients seem to be more than covered without any special effort (other than B12 supplement) so I am confused as to why my awesome 98% whole plant food diet is lacking E.

With deep gratitude for making your teaching so accessible!

Lee
Leeda

Re: New and seeking the Vitamin E thread

Postby Willijan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:03 pm

I would suggest you post this on Jeff's forum here, or in the Lounge forum. I suspect that many people never look in The Sandbox, as it is a place to practice posting. You may get more of a response in one of those places.
Willijan

Re: New and seeking the Vitamin E thread

Postby JeffN » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Didn’t see this

Here you go..

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6732

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to The Sandbox