New to plant based diet

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New to plant based diet

Postby Slusk » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:21 am

My husband and I both have certain health issues and recently we've been doing our own research and have decided that we are definitely interested in adopting a plant based diet but we don't know where to start. We are already cutting out meat but now that I've Been reading on all this GMO info about crops modified how do I know what is and what isn't healthy to eat. Signed lost. :(
Slusk

Re: New to plant based diet

Postby f1jim » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Start at the basics. Cut out the animal products and the oils and work out from there. Once you have the basics down then choose what to prioritize after that. You get most of the benefits from the diet that way. Then you can further refine your choices as you learn more with time.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Slusk » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:22 am

Thanks. I appreciate you responding back to me. We are on our way to a healthier lifestyle. We have cut out beef, poultry, and fowl. Still eat some seafood. Working on the dairy and oils. We have incorporated more fruits and Vegetables. Doing my research and learning about nutrition and what we need to eat to give us the vitamins and minerals we need Once again thanks.
Slusk

Postby f1jim » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:38 am

It sounds like you are on your way! It is ironic that we humans change our diet to include much more vegetables and fruits, replacing meat and dairy, and we then begin to worry about the nutrients we are getting when the reality is your nutrient profile will increase, usually dramatically, on this diet.
We are here if you have more questions and we look forward to your comments as you incorporate the diet.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Return to The Sandbox