Introduction

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Introduction

Postby Mollylivebearer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:01 pm

I am new to the board, but not new to McDougalling. I am active on the FB McDougall Friends group. I went vegan after watching Forks Over Knives around Halloween 2013. I had been vegetarian for nine years, but ate deplorably and weighed 363 pounds (probably more than that, but I didn't, and still don't, own a scale :wink: ). I have lost 160 pounds so far. I began by just cutting out animal products and slowly lost some weight. I went toward the "nutritarian" way of eating and the weight came off a bit better but when I read The Starch Solution and began incorporating that way of eating it came off really fast for several months. I wasn't 100% compliant though. I have been stalled now since last summer. In the past month or so I have really gotten strict, absolutely no oil or nuts. Now no bread, pasta. I am trying to do the Maximum Weight Loss Diet but I eat way too much fruit. I am definitely a high volume eater. This way of eating has saved my life. Now I want to get the rest of the weight off. I have 40 or so pounds left to lose, but a good portion of that is excess skin that likely will not come off without surgery. I'm now quite healthy. I walk 3-5 miles per day about 5 days per week. I don't drink or smoke. I do drink black coffee still, and that is a tough one for me to try to give up. In fact, I haven't tried. :D I look forward to learning from other McDougallers.
~Molly~
160 lbs. lost so far.
Mollylivebearer

Re: Introduction

Postby LisainRTP » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi, Molly! That is an amazing story...congrats on your inspiring weight loss!! I'll look forward to hearing more about your journey and any tips you might have for others. Thank you for sharing!

Best,
Lisa
LisainRTP

What an Inspiring story

Postby MDsolehinSABTU » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:02 am

I will definitively tell your tale dear friend! Keep up the ongoing battle for your future that you wish to earn, a lifestyle you enjoy living and perhaps the achieving the long lifespan that it entails. :wink:
Mastering Training & Development : Weight Gain through Plant based Diet
MDsolehinSABTU

Return to The Sandbox