Question about posting

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Question about posting

Postby pattinput » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:23 pm

I tried to post something in MWL weigh in but when I hit submit I got a 'timed out' message and I was disconnected. And my message disappeared. I don't see my message and I assume I need to re-write it, but before I do that, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a delay in posting. I don't want to post the same message twice!
pattinput

Re: Question about posting

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:02 pm

It happens to some people. Now that you know that it happens to *you*, I suggest you hit the "Save draft" button now and then as you're writing. An alternative would be to write your post elsewhere - Notepad, a doc file, whatever - and then copy/paste it into the message box.

What are you using to post - phone or other mobile device or computer? What browser are you using? Version of the operating system? All those questions may help the moderator/tech people figure out why this happened to you.

I use Windows 7, Chrome or Firefox browsers, and have never gotten a time-out error message.
VeggieSue

Re: Question about posting

Postby pattinput » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Thanks so much for your helpful response. This happened on my work computer which is windows xp. And I was using Chrome. I can retype, I just didn't want to post twice.
pattinput

Return to The Sandbox