Newbie to discussion board

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Newbie to discussion board

Postby Fodus54 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:26 am

This is my first experience with an online discussion board, posting that is. I have "grazed" boards before but never participated. I find them overwhelming but want to find support and answers so, what the heck here goes nuttin!
:roll:
Fodus54

Re: Newbie to discussion board

Postby therese1012 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Well, I am new to this and guess I will take a shot at how to communicate. :) I like these little guys :nod:
I am at the end of my rope and read the Starch Solution and MANY other books and now after reading Ruth H.'s book I have purchased the McDougall Program. Of course I am not doing something right so I hope I can get some help here on how to fine tune what I am eating. I watched the first 6 webinars with Gustavo and Dr. McDougall and I just want to eat only sweet potatoes and water until I lose this weight. Then I will try to figure out WHAT to eat each day! lol
therese1012

Postby LisainRTP » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:30 pm

therese1012 wrote:Well, I am new to this and guess I will take a shot at how to communicate. :) I like these little guys :nod:
I am at the end of my rope and read the Starch Solution and MANY other books and now after reading Ruth H.'s book I have purchased the McDougall Program. Of course I am not doing something right so I hope I can get some help here on how to fine tune what I am eating. I watched the first 6 webinars with Gustavo and Dr. McDougall and I just want to eat only sweet potatoes and water until I lose this weight. Then I will try to figure out WHAT to eat each day! lol

Hi, Therese! I'm also a "newbie" myself after being on the McDougall program years ago but straying (but I'm back now!). For me personally, limiting myself to just one food or a very limited selection wouldn't work; I know myself, and I would get bored and go off-program. I'm having to do a (McDougall-approved) elimination diet for medical reasons, and it is no fun -- and it has many more foods than just sweet potatoes. If you trust the program and don't expect everything to happen overnight, it will work! My attitude is that this is a lifelong way of eating and living, not a short-term diet. I've lost over nine pounds in two weeks, but more importantly, a lot of my health issues seem to be clearing up. I'm honestly not concerned about the rate of my weight loss because I know I'm doing the healthiest plan available, and my weight will adjust to where it should be naturally.

Best,
Lisa
LisainRTP

Postby therese1012 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:14 pm

Hi LisainRTP , Thanks!
I do not know yet hot to respond to you like you did to my post. I agree with you, I have been trying my best this past week and it is tough. I keep finding my self out doors and on the run and also had three eatin' meetings' to boot! I will just keep plugging along and reading all the posts. Lots of good advice here!
therese1012

Postby Paul21 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Welcome to the forums!

This is a great place to learn from each other. You are well on your way if you have read the Starch Solution book and watch the weekly online Webinars hosted by Gustavo.
Paul21

Postby LisainRTP » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:57 pm

therese1012 wrote:Hi LisainRTP , Thanks!
I do not know yet hot to respond to you like you did to my post. I agree with you, I have been trying my best this past week and it is tough. I keep finding my self out doors and on the run and also had three eatin' meetings' to boot! I will just keep plugging along and reading all the posts. Lots of good advice here!

Hi, Therese1012! Regarding quoting someone's post... Instead of hitting the "reply" button at the bottom of the page, look at the post you want to quote; there should be a little button for "quote" in the upper right corner of each post. If you click that, you'll get a new window with the previous message quoted above (and you can edit the quoted material as you like).

Best,
Lisa
LisainRTP

Postby therese1012 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:45 pm

LisainRTP wrote:
therese1012 wrote:Hi LisainRTP , Thanks!

Hi, Therese1012! Regarding quoting someone's post... Instead of hitting the "reply" button at the bottom of the page, look at the post you want to quote; there should be a little button for "quote" in the upper right corner of each post. If you click that, you'll get a new window with the previous message quoted above (and you can edit the quoted material as you like).

Best,
Lisa

HaHa! I found it! Thank you Lisa :nod:
therese1012

Postby MDsolehinSABTU » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:07 am

therese1012 wrote:I just want to eat only sweet potatoes and water until I lose this weight. Then I will try to figure out WHAT to eat each day! lol

:!: The exact same "brilliant plan" I had when I got started haha! :!: The potato family slowly introduced their members to me, where to find the fat ones, colours, etc. :mrgreen:
Mastering Training & Development : Weight Gain through Plant based Diet
MDsolehinSABTU

Return to The Sandbox