Thought I was Computer Literate

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Thought I was Computer Literate

Postby BoundlessJoy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:59 am

I thought I was computer literate. But learning how to post to the discussion board is a whole new field of computer literacy. I tried to post an image and nothing happened. Like all learning, it is a good way to keep my brain cells working. So I will just keep on trying until I have mastered it.
BoundlessJoy
BoundlessJoy

Re: Thought I was Computer Literate

Postby VeggieSue » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:23 pm

phpBB software is sometimes very confusing. I like message boards where you click an icon to post a link or photo, fill the url into the blank, click to save, and there it is. Unfortunately, it's not that simple here.

If you click the link above that says FAQs, you get the faqs *not* for the McDougall program but for the phpBB.

To past an image, it first has to be hosted somewhere, whether a site like Photobucket, Instagram, Picassa or even Flickr. You can't upload a graphic directly to this site.

Find the url of your graphic (right-click or grab the code given you if it's a silly place like Flickr) and paste it in your message.

Highlight the url, then press the Img button at the top of the message editor. That'll put the BBcode around the image url.

That should do it. Click the Preview under the message editor to see if it worked.

For example, I took the link to the graphic from Google images and pasted it here, highlighted it, pressed the Img button above, and got this:

VeggieSue

Return to The Sandbox