Gas

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Gas

Postby dayhikr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Since eating the McDougall way, I am having a big problem with gas. Any suggestions? Does your body eventually adjust? :D
dayhikr

Re: Gas

Postby Gweithgar » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:15 am

Tough it out, your gut flora will adjust in a couple of weeks.
On the plus side, if you are eating a clean McDougall diet, your gas won't have a lot of odor to it.
Cet animal est tres mechant; quand on l'attaque, il se defend
(This animal is very wicked; if attacked it defends itself)
Gweithgar

Postby Frenchfood » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:51 am

I eat a very clean McDougall's diet but my gaz has a real bad odor :( - any other ideas?
Frenchfood

Postby dayhikr » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:14 am

I have been on the diet for a year. I am finding that wheat products make the gas worse. Barley makes the gas intolerable. And it does have a bad odor.
dayhikr

Postby Natural Hygiene » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:43 am

This is a common problem. Some gas might be normal (I myself have almost none) but it should be free from ALL ODOR. When the gut flora is changed and restored to a healthy condition, beneficial bacteria prevents putrefaction of proteins--that is what's causing foul gas and putrid stools.

If you've gone one long year and still have the gas and stools of a corpse-eater, then you should restrict your intake of protein, possibly take probiotics, and eat raw carrots and make sure that raw starch in some form or another travels along the alimentary canal and form healthful and beneficial acids and prevent putrefaction from taking place.
Natural Hygiene

Return to The Sandbox