First Week First Post

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

First Week First Post

Postby patata » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:29 am

I read some of Dr. McDougall's (and everyone else's) books and decided to go on a starch-based diet but not strictly "McDougall" because I don't agree that all animal products and fats must be avoided at all times by all people. I've searched and can't find one healthy society in the history of mankind that has not included some meat and fat in their diet. And I'd rather get my B12 from food than from a pill. Having said that... even with a small amount of animal products and olive oil in my new starch-based diet, I am happy to report that I have lost 5 pounds in 7 days and, more importantly, my chronic diarrhea and abdominal pain stopped after the third day! :-D And I'm no longer hungry all the time. In fact, I eat less now (2x a day - breakfast and one meal mid-afternoon) and feel more satiated then when I used to stuff my face all day long. So, I'm sold - starch is my friend. :)
Let those who have dyspepsia—and that means a multitude of ills which the American people in their luxurious habits are fast bringing upon themselves—try for a time the potato diet. (article - New York April 1849)
patata

Re: First Week First Post

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Welcome!

You may want to repost this message in the Lounge or A Place for Newbies forums. The Sandbox, where you posted, is where people go to test things, like their signature file, an avatar, learn how to post graphics, etc.
VeggieSue

Postby patata » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:57 pm

oops! :o

To avoid duplicate posts perhaps a moderator will kindly move it? Please and thank you.
Let those who have dyspepsia—and that means a multitude of ills which the American people in their luxurious habits are fast bringing upon themselves—try for a time the potato diet. (article - New York April 1849)
patata

Postby HSL » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:33 am

I'm serious this time! Ever since my son told me he was a "Sloppy Vegan" I decided to be one, too. No more slip ups! No more "Sloppy Vegan" for me!
HSL

Postby Jetje63 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Test
Jetje63

Postby ?featherlady? » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:40 pm

I can't figure out how to respond to a reply -- I mean the reply I'm responding to, not just in general. Maybe this will work
?featherlady?

Postby ?featherlady? » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:42 pm

HSL wrote:I'm serious this time! Ever since my son told me he was a "Sloppy Vegan" I decided to be one, too. No more slip ups! No more "Sloppy Vegan" for me!

Okay, I think I've got it. Sloppy vegan, does that mean candy eating vegan? Because anything like cookies or chips has oil. Does my pic show up? Do I always need to put the quotes on in order to reply to a specific post?
?featherlady?

Return to The Sandbox