Playing with new board format

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Playing with new board format

Postby VeggieSue » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:46 am

I wonder if we can embed YouTube videos now like many other phpBB message boards can.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UjbkQwkU0HA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nope. Looks like the webmaster didn't enable that feature. Darn! :thumbsdown:

And I still don't see the "totem pole" smilie that someone mentioned in another thread.
VeggieSue

Re: Playing with new board format

Postby VeggieSue » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:29 am

Sadly, It disappeared. Was so cute!

Most of the smilies when you click the More link are the same ones on the original page. And now instead of neatly packed rows there's one long row you have to scroll to see with a few under them in the center. Another glitch. Oh, well. At least we know the designer is working on it.

And I see they changed the default font to this thicker, bold one. I wonder what happens if I purposely use the bold attribute?

No change. Either the font is already the bold version or the attributes are still broken.
VeggieSue

Postby VeggieSue » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:02 am

LynnCS wrote: Or I start to respond to a post and if I don't do it in a hurry, when I come back, I'm logged out and have lost my response. I hope someone can respond to this problem.

Why not hit the "Save draft" button now and then, located right next to the Preview and Submit buttons? This way when you do come back, your unfinished message is right where you left it?

Let me see where it saves it so you can find it again . . .

When you look for it, click the User Control Panel located in that green strip at the upper left, under the words Board Index. When you open that, in the left column there's a "Manage drafts" link, and that opens a page of all the messages you saved as drafts. Each one has options that include "view/edit", so click that to continue writing, and when done, hit "save" again. Keep doing that until you're ready to post your message. Then, instead of "view/edit" you would choose "load draft" and that opens it up again right in the forum topic (here) so you can then "preview" and "submit" it like usual.
VeggieSue

Postby eXtremE » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:45 am

Another thing you may wanna consider if you are a chrome or firefox user is the Lazarus: Form Recovery add-on.

firefox = https://addons.mozilla.org/En-us/firefo ... -recovery/
chrome = https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fgno?hl=en

The save draft feature is good but what i really hate is when you accidentally lose everything you have typed before having a chance to save as draft or post it like during a brief power outage or your PC crashes. With Lazarus, it saves to a database as you go (type).

Plus, it will work anywhere you go on the web, not just this website.
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby eXtremE » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:06 pm

VeggieSue wrote:
And I still don't see the "totem pole" smilie that someone mentioned in another thread.

I normally don't like most of the forum smilies anyway. I find ones I really like using google image search, save the URL's, and keep using them over and over like these.

Image Image Image Image
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Return to The Sandbox