aye dios mio!! low carb,high carb...my brain is spinning!

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

aye dios mio!! low carb,high carb...my brain is spinning!

Postby misslynn56 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:04 pm

hey everyone..I'm a pretty slim 56 yr old ER nurse.I walk daily but could use more stretching and weights. My sig other is just 50 and a mess.hypertension,metabolic disorder,several stents and bad arthritis and needs a new knee. also about 100 lbs overweight. his cardiologist placed him on low carb diet. in the past he has lost weight on atkins but of course this time only about 8 lbs.I have been vegetarian for a long time and have tried low fat vegan with good success but tried to go low carb with Dane. I finally have convinced him to give it a try.His cardiologist however is against it.he just adds more prescriptions and dane gets sicker and sicker.What can we tell doctor? I'm afraid when he starts to loose weight his meds will need to be sdjusted.Any suggestions?
despite being a nurse for 18 years(or perhaps because of it) i realize that prescription drugs don't bring health. radical lifestyle changes bring health and wellbeing.i am having trouble finding like minded people!
misslynn56

Re: aye dios mio!! low carb,high carb...my brain is spinning

Postby ronald11103 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:06 pm

misslynn56 wrote:What can we tell doctor?

How about "good bye" for starters? Not to be flippant (oops! too late!) but maybe he should consider another doctor??
Ron in Oregon
ronald11103

Postby KittyMcKnitty » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:16 pm

ronald11103 wrote:
misslynn56 wrote:What can we tell doctor?

How about "good bye" for starters? Not to be flippant (oops! too late!) but maybe he should consider another doctor??

This.
Proud member of S.P.U.D.S. (Society for the Protection of Underrated and Devalued Starches).
KittyMcKnitty

Postby misslynn56 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:05 pm

would like to but we live in a rural area without much choice in providers. And like most americans are limited by drs who participate in plan. I have searched many sites and have yet to find a dr within a 4 hour drive.
despite being a nurse for 18 years(or perhaps because of it) i realize that prescription drugs don't bring health. radical lifestyle changes bring health and wellbeing.i am having trouble finding like minded people!
misslynn56

Postby KittyMcKnitty » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:01 pm

He can just eat the way he chooses and maybe his doctor will learn something when he starts improving.

Most doctors know little to nothing about nutrition, so it's perfectly rational to ignore any advice they give you regarding diet.
Proud member of S.P.U.D.S. (Society for the Protection of Underrated and Devalued Starches).
KittyMcKnitty

Return to The Sandbox