New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby bayoulady » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi,Newbie here that can't figure out how to upload an avatar (photo from my computer of me) I've resized it all the way down to 23 by 30 and still no go...... :crybaby: . If there is anyone that can tell me how to do this,I'll give you 3 apples and a head of lettuce....great prizes,you know.... :nod:
Thanks ,
Jackie 27 pounds gone since July 5, 2012!!!!
bayoulady

Re: Avatar HELP Needed

Postby ronald11103 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Check the file size of your avatar graphic/picture. Has to be 7.81 kb or smaller. That's kb, not mb. That's really, really small for a graphic.

[Edit: Oh! I see you have an avatar. Did you figure it out??]
Ron in Oregon
ronald11103

Postby bayoulady » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi RON IN OREGON...Thanks for the reply. What I'm trying to figure out is how to resize a photo from my files so I can upload it as an avatar....I just used the standard avatar on the edit profile section of my user control on this site. I'd rather use a photo of me,though. How did you get your picture to upload? Sorry....5 years of college,and I still can't figure it out..DUH ME
bayoulady

Postby ronald11103 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:57 am

Jackie, I must confess, it was tricky to get my avatar down to the FILE size needed. It was easy to get it to 100 x 100 pixels (I use a free graphics program called Paint.net, available from paint.net!) Also tried "Microsoft Picture It! 9" but still couldn't get it below 13-15 kb.

Couldn't get it below about 13 kb no matter what I tried, so opened a Microsoft Word document and "inserted" the photo into it. I then did a "screen print" (ALT-PrtScrn) then pasted that as a "New Image" in Paint.net. I then cropped the image down to just the photo. Re-sized to 100 pixels wide and saved the new image. It came out 3.84 kb!

I told you it was tricky! If you can't make it work for you, send me a PM (private email) with your photo attached and I will (try) to get it under the 7.81 kb limit.
Ron in Oregon
ronald11103

Return to The Sandbox