New here.....

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New here.....

Postby gottabeoutside » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Just joined this discussion board. I've been basically vegan for many years, but have just undertaken a plant strong diet, realizing that my "diet" was not all that healthy! Following McDougall, Forks over Knives recipes, LOVE cooking!
I've felt better, lost a few pounds, and have some new energy, all in just 3 weeks.
Really want to meet some folks to pot-luck with, do some fun activities... feels lonely sometimes in a world that eats so differently!
I live in Napa, and would love to connect with others in somewhat a close vicinity.
gottabeoutside

Re: New here.....

Postby Vegankit » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:27 pm

I hope Jim Brown sees this. I know he is part of a group that meets in the San Fransisco area - not Nappa but maybe close enough to meet up?
Vegankit
Vegankit

Postby f1jim » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Yes, we are a lively band of McDOugallers that meet up for various events, potlucks, movies, meals, etc. We have an upcoming event we have posted about in the lounge that anyone is welcome to join us at. It's a lunch on Feb. 16 at noon at Gary Chu's Chinese restaurant in Santa Rosa. They have a full McDougall menu and the food is good. We would love to have you join us and meet the group. If you are interested find the thread in the lounge and message if you can make it. Also we meet from time to time for other events and getting us your email address will keep you in the loop.
Hope to see you at the restaurant!
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby gottabeoutside » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:42 pm

Arrrgghhh! I work on Saturdays, but maybe I can get my clients to come on Sunday, and join you all on Saturday the 16th..... I'd love to! Ok, will go to the lounge and work this out, not sure where to post my e-mail....
gottabeoutside

Postby boppies » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:11 pm

I'm new, here too - live in Oakland - but Saturdays don't work for me either. If there is a way I can stay in touch in case there is something I can attend, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks All,
Susan
boppies

Postby f1jim » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:54 pm

Keep watching the forum. We post when we are having an event and if you stay plugged in you won't miss it.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby gottabeoutside » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Hi Susan,
Oh boy! Oakland, brings to mind Manzanita. I'd come to Oakland on a Sunday to meet up with you and eat there!
Glad to meet another newbie!
Midori
gottabeoutside

Return to The Sandbox