New here :)

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

New here :)

Postby Penina » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:32 am

I've been reading a lot of the discussions and am sure I will learn a great deal. I've seen "Forks Over Knives" and have several vegan cookbooks. My husband and I have been eating mostly plant-based for a year now; he's doing great, lost about 25 pounds and no longer has ED. The diet reversed my high blood pressure and lowered my blood sugar, as I was on the verge of Type 2 diabetes.

I had 2 ruptured disks in my lower back - the first in 1986, the second in 2003. I have numbness in my feet all the way up to my knees. I am in constant pain and wondering if this eating style will help this situation. Today is a particularly bad pain day... so is it coincidence that I found this website at this moment?

Without a doubt losing more weight will help, I've still got at least 40 pounds to go, but I'd also like to be free of the pain medication I've been on for about 5 years and have the ability to be more physically active.

Thanks so much to Dr. McDougall, and I am looking forward to getting acquainted with everyone.
Penina

Re: New here :)

Postby tangoviv » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:11 am

Hi: welcome to the boards.
I am no doctor and know nothing about Ruptured disks but there are two things I can tell you for sure:
1) Loosing the 40 lb extra that you have will definitively be very helpful to ease your pain.
2) Being healthy will make any other treatment for your problem much easier and effective.

Keep us posted

Viviana
10/05/12 current weight: 299
10/12/12 -3 current weight: 296 total lost: 3
10/19/12 -4 current weight: 293 total lost: 6
10/26/12 -5 current weight: 288 total lost: 11
11/02/12 -3 current weight: 285 total lost: 14
tangoviv

Return to The Sandbox