More EASY Strength: Tactical Barbell

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

More EASY Strength: Tactical Barbell

Postby vgpedlr » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:45 am

For anybody interested in different look at Easy Strength style training, you can check out Tactical Barbell. The concept of the "tactical athlete" is a popular trend these days. Seems everyone wants to train "like" a Navy SEAL, SWAT guy or whatever. I stayed away because I thought it would be all "boot camp " style high intensity workouts.

Turns out these guys think of folks working in military, law enforcement, or other first responder occupations as tactical athletes. That's because they have a need for lots of strength and fitness, but can't afford the time or recovery to be a gym rat or risk being sore when there are job specific skills to work on or being on call.

So the strength workouts are similar to Easy Strength, small, effective doses kept manageable, which applies to everybody else as well. I've read the first book on strength and the one for older folks. Both are great reads and inexpensive on Kindle for anyone looking to get strong in a time efficient manner.

http://www.tacticalbarbell.com/store/
vgpedlr

Return to Exercise and Fitness