Why lift weights?

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Why lift weights?

Postby Chumly » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:25 am

I just read this interesting article on the value of strength training I would like to share.

https://jamesclear.com/why-lift-weights

Michael
Chumly

Re: Why lift weights?

Postby PJK » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:40 pm

Can you summarize whatever *new* points the article makes? And why you think McD diet followers should read it?

Reason I ask: Weight lifting dates back at least to the ancient Romans. So what does this article add that we don't already know?
PJK

Postby Chumly » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:33 pm

I don't know if it covers anything new or not. It's not focused on any weight lifting techniques, but three reasons why to lift weights. One of the reasons I've heard before (health), the other two I haven't heard of and thought some might find it interesting. The article is already brief, so I won't bother trying to summarize it.
I became aware of this website by reading the author's book Atomic Habits. I think many people would find this interesting because it talks about breaking bad habits and building new and (hopefully) healthy habits. The link I provided goes to his blog which has many articles that I have found interesting and I've taken a few ideas from them and put them into practice recently.

Michael
Chumly

Postby Dougalling » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:43 am

I like the article. Thanks for posting.
Dougalling

Postby Chumly » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:58 am

Your welcome!

Michael
Chumly

Return to Exercise and Fitness