Great Newsletter!

Give us your thoughts on the latest McDougall mailings here

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, Heather McDougall, carolve

Great Newsletter!

Postby Melinda » Mon May 30, 2016 10:18 pm

Wow -a real interesting read, especially how Dr. McDougall's fractures healed without medical treatment. Also the stats re artery disease were a really good reminder to eat right! Thanks Dr. McDougall!
Melinda

Re: Great Newsletter!

Postby peasouper » Tue May 31, 2016 3:49 am

I am glad to hear that Dr McDougall has made a full recovery. This newsletter was a riveting read. I am so glad that the British NHS is not fee for service. Having a service that is free at point of need is preventing the majority of us rushing headlong into expensive treatment that will injure us.

Sue
peasouper

Postby Starchyme » Tue May 31, 2016 4:00 am

I agree with all. Sorry to hear our good doc went through all that; but elated he healed and is well now.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby John McDougall » Tue May 31, 2016 1:47 pm

I will be discussing all of this in my Webinar this Thursday (June 2, 2016). Please read my May 2016 newsletter. I have viewed some of the Facebook comments and I am happy to have received much attention. You may have heard me say "I would strip naked and put carrots in my ears if that would get others to pay attention." Well I almost did that.

Here are some of the answers to questions people have had:

Those wondering why I was injured from a fall (which was not minor) is that I am not invincible. You should be asking why was he not hurt even worse? Even young healthy adults break wrists, arms, legs, and skulls by falling the same distance. In my injured condition I did not miss a day of work, nor fail to write a worthy monthly newsletter for you, nor miss a vacation trip 6 weeks later and a full Adventure trip to Costa Rica with you 3 months later. Although, I may not have been at my best, because my nature is to not complain, few knew of my ordeal. You could not feel my pain - as I cannot feel yours. I wrote this May 2016 newsletter and revealed myself in order to help teach you some important lessons about the medical businesses. I worry that a few of you missed the point of my efforts. This may be a surprise, especially for the few of you looking for excuses to not change your diet, but someday Dr. McDougall will die - and then you will have confirmation that my advice was faulty. Most of you understand that modern medicine does have some miracles, but it also is riddled with crooks. Stay healthy and away from these people. If you do require medical services, then be a wise consumer and act the same way you would if you were buying a used car - don't let your guard down.

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Postby Geriatrician » Tue May 31, 2016 6:54 pm

I agree about avoiding preoperative cardiac cath, if possible and I agree it is a great newsletter. I just assumed a few things and did a quick preoperative assessment on Dr. McDougall using the current ACA guidelines and if you discounted the stroke at age 18, and I think you could seeing that it was so long ago, there would be no preoperative labs or studies required. If we did not discount that early stroke, he would need to get a couple of lab tests, a urine test and and EKG. Nothing more. I just would not want people to refuse a lifesaving surgery for fear of being cathed. Best wishes to all on your plant based journey.
Geriatrician

Postby sunlight » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:35 pm

Was stunned to read the story, so sorry for your suffering, and am glad that you recovered and were able to continue many of your activities through the healing process. Thank you, Dr. McDougall, for all you do.
sunlight

Postby maule5662h » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:46 pm

William Kleinbauer: My Cardiologist who placed a needed stent when I got an unexpected sudden LAD blockage in December 2014, did just respond to Dr. McD's article & Webinar. I forwarded his email to Dr. McD & Dr. McD replied back to us quickly. Great to have such interchanges! (I have been on the healthy plant-based nutrition for 13 years - after my family of 4 participated in Dr. McDougall's TOTAL HEALTH SOLUTION 10-day clinic. I'm 80.5 years old now -- stuff happens but I am motoring on quite healthy.)
maule5662h

Return to Comments on Latest Newsletter or Star McDougaller