Fatty Junk Diet to Healthy in one move dangerous?

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Fatty Junk Diet to Healthy in one move dangerous?

Postby adambois » Sun May 19, 2019 10:46 am

I have eaten very unhealthily as far back as I can remember. I have at least two to three fast food takeaways a week and snack on way to much chocolate and ice cream. I am now at the point where I feel awful. I have non stop heartburn, stomach ulcers, tired all the time, always feeling sick, the list goes on.

I wanted the Forks over Knives documentary and loved it and thought that in order for me to get myself to good health was to adopt a whole foods plant-based diet.

I am not afraid of the cravings or not liking what I eat that much as I have got to the point that I just do not enjoy eating any more it makes me feel ashamed and ill. I want to go at this in one move as if I just start introducing some healthy options and trying to phase out the bad ones I know this will not work for me. I need to pick a date and then that's it healthy foods none of the usual poison :) Getting better and back to good health for myself and my family is my biggest priority now.

My question is: Is going from, having unhealthy junk food, takeaways, everyday eating at least 2 bars of chocolate, drinking fizzy drinks, crisps, no vegetables, no fruits, too much coffee and more, to a Whole food plant-based diet in one move dangerous to my health as it would be a big hit to my body or as its healthy the sudden change would not be bad at all?

It is the only thing that is worrying me about the sudden switch in lifestyle and diet.

Thanks for any help you can give me, Adam
adambois

Re: Fatty Junk Diet to Healthy in one move dangerous?

Postby Lyndzie » Sun May 19, 2019 5:26 pm

You’ll be fine. In fact, you’ll probably feel pretty good pretty quickly. Tomorrow sounds like a good day to start, just go for it!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Re: Fatty Junk Diet to Healthy in one move dangerous?

Postby Daydream » Sun May 19, 2019 6:07 pm

There is no danger in eating whole plant foods as long as you aren't allergic to any of them. Go for it! I wish you all the best!
Daydream

Return to How to Begin