Hair fall

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hair fall

Postby Mahi » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Hello,

I am the new member. One and half month back me and my husband adopted McDougall diet because my husband is type 2 diabetic. He used to take 5 medications. After 3 weeks into diet his doc took off 3 medication and finally he is off from medications from last week.. Thank you so much Dr. McDougall you have given me so much hope about improving my health and currently I have lost 8lbs from jan 1st. Thank you so much..

my question is I am seeing hairfall. Do I need to take any type of supplements to stop hair fall or do I have to eat any type of vegetables or fruits..

Thank you,
Mahi.
Mahi

Re: Hair fall

Postby Vintagesan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:50 am

Hey Mahi, great to read you and your husband are doing fine!

It's not easy to make a diagnosis because really a lot of things can cause the loss of hair.
It could be anything from wrong hair care, to periodic hormonal variation, temporary stress, lack of sleep, illness or really a deficiency. I know that's not the kind of answer you wanted to read, but I think it's important to say it's not always just because of the food. In my case I suffered from hair loss for so long and it was just wrong hair care plus taking the pill. After changing one and dropping the other my problem was solved. :) Of course, this is not a generally valid solution.

B12 is recommended as a daily supplement in this diet.
Maybe you get your blood levels checked first, so you can exclude illness or deficiencies?
Vintagesan

Postby Willijan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:21 pm

vintagesan,

I am interested in knowing what the "wrong hair care" was. Or, what any kind of wrong hair care is that could result in hair loss. I am not challenging your account, I just want to know more about this. Thanks!
Willijan

Postby Vintagesan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:49 pm

willijan,

just wanted to leave a note that I haven't forget you. :) I'll answer after work.
Vintagesan

Return to How to Begin