Posting

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Posting

Postby lightlove » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:26 am

Just discovered this board and it's my first time using this format. I tried to locate a how to page to post a question, but could find no way in > What I did do to get there is to post on a subject and then erase the title in the subject line. So I feel like I'm knocking on the back door. How do I access a place to post questions of my own.
lightlove

Re: Posting

Postby Willijan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:56 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question, since it appears you pretty much already posted your own question. But . .
1) After you are at the discussion board, you will see "Board Index" or "General" which list all the forums. Choose one that looks appropriate for your question, and click it.
2) Let's say you chose the forum "The Lounge." At the top, there is a button that says, "New Topic." Click that if you want to start a new topic. Give your topic a heading. Then type your post, questions and/or statements. Then click "Preview," if you wish and check your post, and then click "Submit" when you are ready to post.
3) Or, to comment on someone else's topic, click "Post Reply." Type your reply, preview if desired, then submit.
So, I feel like I must have missed something on your post here, that is, misunderstood your question. Let me know!
Willijan

Re: Posting

Postby VeggieSue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:34 am

Also, in the light green bar a bit down from the top of the page, you'll see a section with "FAQ, Members, Logout," then your user name in brackets. That's not a FAQ of the McDougall program but FAQ for this message board software - how to do various things on phpBB brand message boards. There are sections on how to register, how to post, how to change your settings, etc.

If it's missing from your screen for any reason, here's the direct link:

faq.php
VeggieSue

Return to How to Begin