Intro

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Intro

Postby Franklyb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:38 pm

Hello,

Quick Bio: 2 yrs ago my Dr informed me that my latest tests showed high blood pressure, high cholesterol and borderline type 2 diabetes after a 40lb weight gain over several yrs. Having known me for most of my adult life he knew I was usually healthy - weight training and good eating habits. So he suggested I either get back on my healthy ways or he would have to prescribe meds for the high blood pressure and cholesterol issues as i was now at high risk for hearth disease given my (at the time) 49 yrs of age.

As I started back on a healthy path, I stumbled on the FOK documentary on Netflix, so I gave it a shot. On my next visit - 2 months later, I had already dropped over 20lbs. Moreover, my blood pressure was now normal at 120 over 80 and my Cholesterol had also dropped to normal levels and normalized blood sugar levels as well. When I told him I had gone on a WFPB diet, he said: Whatever you're doing, keep it up! He couldn't believe the results in just 2 months!

Thanks so much for exposing the truth about nutrition!

Frank.
Franklyb

Re: Intro

Postby viv » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:27 pm

Many Congratulations Franklyb, you are a hero for saving your own life. You can now reach your highest health potential and live a long and healthy life. This way of eating is the miracle that keeps on giving. I still can't believe it after five years of losing 60 pounds and regaining my health while eating all I want of delicious comfort food. Every time I eat a giant baked potato filled with all sorts of yummy toppings I just can't believe it - but it's true. We look forward to hearing more about your journey.

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Re: Intro

Postby Franklyb » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:24 pm

That's awesome Viv. Regaining your health is priceless. The weight loss is further proof PBWF is THE way to eat for all humans.
Franklyb

Return to How to Begin