intermittent fasting

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

intermittent fasting

Postby renuka » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:01 am

I would like to ask if intermittent fasting would help along with the regular programme as I do like to eat bread etc.
Has anyone followed fasting?
renuka

Re: intermittent fasting

Postby bamboorobert » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:47 pm

I am hoping to benefit from 12 to 15 hr intermittent fasting. Google mTOR and Autophagy. Looks useful for ridding cells of partially damaged components. Looks hopeful to me for damaged intra and extra cellular proteins like Parkinson's Alzheimer's and even maybe just guessing Muscular Dystrophy. But make up your own mind.

The body will heal itself anyway, if you stop the daily damage, whether you know stuff or not.
Easy to do. Just have a late breakfast one day a week. You don't need to get deeply into this stuff to benefit. What I got out of all the reading was that a short fast up to 24 hrs was powerful. I thought you needed to go for days.
I have added a profile
bamboorobert

Re: intermittent fasting

Postby frozenveg » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:25 am

renuka wrote:I would like to ask if intermittent fasting would help along with the regular programme as I do like to eat bread etc.
Has anyone followed fasting?

This program does not address fasting. Its focus is on the food, not on any particular eating pattern (time, spacing of meals, etc.). Please be aware that any opinions you get from forum members are just that, opinions, and not parts of this program.

From Jeff Novick, R.D., the forum's nutritionist, here is a wealth of threads on fasting of all sorts:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=55224

I am curious as to why you are asking; in particular, how does "bread etc." tie into your question on intermittent fasting?
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Return to How to Begin