HELLO...I am a Newbie Too

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

HELLO...I am a Newbie Too

Postby Meeeechele » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:43 am

Hello,
I have been lurking on these boards for a while now. So I thought it was time to register, and introduce myself. I've been eating plant based for about 7 years now. But I haven't been eating healthfully. I've been eating a lot of processed junk food. I have always struggled to keep myself at a healthy weight. I've yo-yo dieted since my teenage years, always losing and re-gaining the same 10-20 lbs. But now, at age 47, I find myself about 35 lbs. overweight, and I am worried that my weight will keep climbing. I'm also at a point where I have no more motivation to go on yet another diet. I recently bought Dr. McDougall's book, The Starch Solution. After reading it, the light bulb went on, and I realized that it shouldn't be about my weight, but about my health. I believe that committing to this WFPB diet will improve my health, and hopefully the weight issue will correct itself in the process. I am the only person in my family that eats plant based. So it makes it hard. But it's so nice to have this forum to come to, to find more like-minded people who are in the same boat as me.

Thanks,
Meeeechele
Meeeechele

Re: HELLO...I am a Newbie Too

Postby Timaca » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Hello!!!!!!

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you are committing to improving your health via improving your diet! :)

Wishing you a great journey! :)
Timaca

Postby Meeeechele » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:21 am

Thank you Timaca. I look forward to better health, and these boards will be a great support tool for me to achieve that.

Take care,
Meeeechele
Meeeechele

Postby DWu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:48 am

Welcome Meeeechele.

Glad to hear you’re trying to improve your health. How long have you been following The Starch Solution?

The reason I ask is because if you’re comfortable with that way of eating, you may want to consider the Maximum Weight Loss program to try and get better results in a shorter time frame.

Here are the guidelines and recipes.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26620
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10076

Good luck.
DWu

Postby Meeeechele » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:00 am

Thank you DWu. I am going to try the maximum weight loss program. And thank you for the links!
Meeeechele

Return to How to Begin