used to crash dieting, loose skin

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

used to crash dieting, loose skin

Postby forgood » Sat May 28, 2016 9:03 am

I'm slowly losing weight eating as much starch as I want, not counting calories, mostly potatoes, it's like 2 lbs a week, finally got a momentum going, didn't trust the process at first and would go back to crash diets.
My stomach is big because I'm obese, but i notice I it's getting flatter there. Which motivates me to keep at this starch diet. It really surprises me when I eat what I think is a ton of potatoes or what not, and the next day my weight is down a little or didn't jump up, cause I'm so used to crash diets/binge and restriction cycles.
when I crash dieted on regular foods (my stomach would still seemed big) Feel like my clothes fit me looser now at 215 than when I crash dieted and got down to 209.
Makes me wonder how reliable the scale is when I was bigger at 209, then now at 215. I guess before I lost mostly water weight and food in my stomach/body, than actual fat. (my highest weight was 255, my start weight was 230)

those who have lost a lot of weight, did you have any loose skin?
thinking if I lose it with this starch diet where it's actual fat lost, should be less loose skin, with exercise too.

I go to the gym 2 times a week, I walk one hour a day to and from work, my job is very physical labor, so I don't go to the gym on those days.
forgood

Re: used to crash dieting, loose skin

Postby viv » Sun May 29, 2016 11:04 am

I went from 215 to 160 over three years. I lost it slowly, 25 first year, 20 second year and 10 lbs this year. Of course some people are very focussed and lose it all in the same year, but well.. I lost it all eventually. I just decided I'm in it for life, no matter what. So I don't have loose skin, it all just got aborbed back somehow. My upper arms are a little loose. I do situps and pushups most days, lift light weights and do some yoga and I like to walk. Nothing too strenous, but I do stay active.

I think if you had hundreds of pounds to lose, then that would result in lots of loose skin, so get it all off now!

Good luck! Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby kirkj » Sun May 29, 2016 6:41 pm

I think it depends on age and genetics. I lost about 45 pounds slowly in my early 50s and I have some loose skin. I have gone to the gym religiously for years before and after I lost the weight. Perhaps it would be worse if I didn't, don't know. Fortunately, it doesn't bother me, I'm kind of amused by it.
kirkj

Postby graciezoe » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:16 am

I've lost over 190 lbs and lost it when over 50 years old...so yes I have loose skin, arms, legs, butt and stomach. I may have loose skin but I'm healthy, so I'll take it!!
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

Starting weight on 3/2014 was 304 lbs
Weight as of 4/2016 is 114 lbs
graciezoe

Postby WyldMoonWoman » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:09 am

I have lost 90 lbs from my absolute heaviest...I spent many years yo-yo-ing and have extremely loose skin everywhere. My abdomen and hanging breast tubes bother me because I don't like wearing compression undergarments and, I know TMI, my skin has to be tucked into my bottoms and bra just right to look smooth. When I say I have loose skin everywhere, I mean everywhere.

I think everyone has different skin, just like some women never get stretch marks when they are pregnant and some do. My skin doesn't seem to want to bounce back. Underneath my loose skin, I've got some rock hard abdominal muscles. I have a 5 year savings plan started for when I finally drop my last 20 lbs and keep it off for a tummy tuck and a boob lift.

I'll take the loose skin over metformin, hydrochlorothiazide, altace, and lipitor :cool:
All Love, All the Time
Lisa
WyldMoonWoman

Return to How to Begin