Curious person—Hi everyone!

Learn the basics and take the first steps to successfully implement the McDougall Program.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Curious person—Hi everyone!

Postby ShootingStar » Sun May 01, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi everyone! I am really interested in the McDougall diet because I'm interested in being healthy. Unlike lots of people that turn to the McDougall diet, I'm not necessarily interested in losing weight. I'm an Asian female, standing at a short height of around 4'11"; however I don't have a period for a long time due to weight loss. I usually gain it back when I gain weight. I am healthier at around 85 lb, but with a little weight loss (makes a large difference on a short person), I lose my period. Currently I'm 80 lbs, so any advice on my situation is appreciated. I don't even know if I am too light!

It's nice to meet all of you, and I hope I learn a lot!
ShootingStar

Re: Curious person—Hi everyone!

Postby Dougalling » Mon May 02, 2016 4:38 pm

Hello

There was a discussion recently on how to gain weight. Check it out here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51912
Dougalling

Re: Curious person—Hi everyone!

Postby Nean » Tue May 03, 2016 7:27 pm

There are many issues with BMI as a method to determine the "right" weight (or weight to height ratio) etc.
If you do look into how much you 'should' weigh, be sure to use an Asian guide - normal weight for Singapore etc. because Americans do not have any idea what healthy is. Asians have a more recent history of seeing lean as healthy.
"I am very much in control of how I feel as long as I control what I put in my mouth!" Blue
Nean

Return to How to Begin