OCTOBER 2019 Maintenance Thread

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: OCTOBER 2019 Maintenance Thread

Postby Mark Cooper » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:16 am

It is great that your husband has been open to this WOE, Sue! I'm fortunate in that way, as well; my wife doesn't eat McDougall style when she is out of the house, but she's happy to eat the compliant meals that I cook for our evening dinners together. We've found a good rotation of 8 or 10 meals that are compliant with my MWL eating patterns and that my daughter and wife find quite palatable. I keep avocado, peanut butter, pretzels, popcorn, dry cereal and whole grain breads on hand, as they both definitely like to include more calorie dense foods in there diet (luckily I no longer find any of those items tempting).

I had a fairly good week overall managing my CRPS, I did have a couple tough days - I stubbed my toe when I got up in the middle of the night to use the lavatory and although it didn't hurt too badly at the time, it was enough to set off a pretty major flare-up the next two days. I did one hour of float therapy on day 3 and my pain settled back down and has been moderate since. I just have to remember to be more careful wandering around in the dark! :lol:

My BMI is trending down slightly, not sure if that is down to shifting from 30 minute weighted walking to 30 minutes on the stationary bike or just a blip. Time will tell, I suppose.

Best to all - take care and be well.
Mark Cooper

Postby Mark Cooper » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:41 am

I thought I would share some recent family photo portraits. We haven't had proper family pictures in forever and it was a fun session!
Sorry to get "off topic." :D

Posey 2019 by Mark Cooper, on Flickr

ImageBeth and Mark 2019 by Mark Cooper, on Flickr

ImageCooper Family 2019 by Mark Cooper, on Flickr
Mark Cooper

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Love the photos! Your daughter is adorable, your you and your wife are a beautiful couple. Thanks for sharing!!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Suey51 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:26 am

Thanks Mark, its interesting to see how this works in other households. I've been making some McDougall-compliant baked goods recently and we've both eaten them. Not a problem weight-wise for my husband as he burns way more calories than me but I'll continue to keep an eye on the scales as they are more calorie dense than my usual foods.

Thank you for sharing the great family photos. Your daughter looks adorable and you and your wife are a good-looking couple!
Suey51

Postby sirdle » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:12 am

Mark! Those are great photos! Thanks for sharing. :)
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby Ejeff » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:53 am

Beautiful family Mark thanks for sharing with us. We are now back home after one month on the road in France. Saw so many little towns and all the major tourist attractions in Paris. Eating was definitely a challenge so it will be good to get back to the basics at home. I was surprised the scale didn’t reflect more of a gain, as I had a lot more fat than usual, but only up 1.5 pounds. Need to buy some produce today and looking forward to my usual huge rice bowl at some point today. While travelling I started to eat breakfast again so not sure if I will continue with that. We would have oats with a banana or apple most mornings. I will likely just return to my 2 larger meals a day. Hope everyone has a great week.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:42 pm

It’s finally here! The November maintenance thread!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Mark Cooper » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:42 am

Thanks, Erin, sirdle, Sue & Lindsey for the very kind comments re: family photos! It warmed my heart! :D
Mark Cooper

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories