JUNE 2019 Maintenance Group

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: JUNE 2019 Maintenance Group

Postby Ejeff » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:26 am

Back up 1.2 pounds. I’ve a nagging shin splint that needs me to rest, so I’m missing all my activity (still swimming though). Eating this week was pretty good, farro salads were very good. Made that honey mustard dip and the kids all liked it, with raw cucumber and carrots. The bok choy tofu dish was very tasty and quick to make. Next time I would use more bok choy and less tofu. Night time eating is still my downfall, I suppose at some point I will resolve this, I won’t ever give up haha. I also made chubby fries and the honey mustard dip with some added spice was tasty with those. I like spice on pretty much everything. It really is true what they say, the more you eat vegetables the more you enjoy them. The same for fruits. I bought a nice big cantaloupe this week and am enjoying that. I made the spinach tomato soup someone had posted about, very easy and quick and I could see having that every week as it’s super healthy. On the menu plan this week are blueberry chocolate muffins and a new salad dressing made with carrots. We had an anniversary party to attend last night, so much food. I did quite well considering, the baked potato was delicious. I ate it with just salt and pepper. In the old days I would have slathered it with probably both butter and for sure sour cream, now I’m not tempted by that. I like how a potato is so creamy without all the added stuff. I did have a non compliant piece of garlic toast and it wasn’t very good anyway lol. Hope everyone’s week is good, I’m enjoying reading all the posts and admire all the good adherence to the program :-D
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Starchyme » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:31 am

Enjoyed your recap, EJeff. I have experienced all you said. BTW is the honey-mustard dip in the recipe section? Sounds enjoyable!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Ejeff » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:37 am

Hi Starchyme,

No it was a Chef AJ YouTube recipe:
12 ozs raw cauliflower
4 ozs pitted dates
1/2 cup Westbrae salt free mustard

Steam and chill cauliflower. Soak dates in just enough water to cover them. Blend it up. Will be thick like a dip.

It is very thick, but can also be thinned out with water and used as a dressing or to pour over potatoes. The kids couldn’t guess it was cauliflower. I just used regular mustard that has salt, but I would like to try it with the recommended Westbrae also. If you decide to make it let me know if you enjoy it or not. It does make quite a bit so you may want to half the recipe if you are the only one eating it.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Starchyme » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:49 am

OK,thanks.I appreciate your prompt reply. I subscribed to that series. I have actually made that and enjoyed it. Just thought this recipe may be one of Mary's.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:42 pm

Sue - Thanks for the kudos. Looks like your diligence is paying off on the scale, keep it up!

Starchyme - Isn’t it amazing how eating healthy results in a healthy weight? I think Chef AJ talked about how she took quite a while to lose the last few pounds, and her weight just kinda settled where it’s at. It’ll be neat to see where you end up.

Vicki - Rule of thumb: if you lose weight, it’s always fat, if you gain weight, it’s probably just water. I’m kidding here, of course, but it’s fun to wish sometimes. Enjoy your trip, let us know how it all worked out when you get back.

Mark - Sorry to hear that you had a rough week. Pain is such a difficult experience. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Erin - Your post has so many delicious foods in it! Sounds like you managed the party really well (those social settings can be so tricky!). Thanks also for posting the dressing recipe, cauliflower makes such a great base for sauces.

As for me, my weight is bouncing up and down in it’s usual fashion, in a pound range. Overall I’m down two pounds this month, which is perfect because the weather finally got hot here (90°F/33°C), so I’m feeling more confident in a swimsuit. I hear there is quite a heatwave over in Europe, so, Sue, I’m not sure if that is happening where you are, be safe and stay cool. Happy 4th to the Americans (and anyone else who wants to celebrate with us!). I’ll post the July thread tomorrow.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:21 pm

Next check in on Friday will be on the July thread. See you there!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Belana » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:14 am

I'm ready to join this group.
Belana

Postby victw » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:37 am

Belana wrote:I'm ready to join this group.

Belana. Welcome. This thread gets updated monthly. You will want to join the July thread.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=59866

Vic
11/1/19 Sloppy - 137.6/21.55
1/1/19 Still maintaining - 134.8/21.11
10/12/18 Maintenance wt - 136.4 BMI 21.36
5/6/18 151.8 lbs 23.8 - Normal. 4/8/18 154.6 lbs BMI 24.2 - Normal. 3/11/18 161 BMI 25.2 Overweight.
3 years staying on plan is the goal.
victw

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories