I was given a second chance, took it and is cured?

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I was given a second chance, took it and is cured?

Postby MarianneThornberg23 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:52 am

I'm just a lay person from Denmark, Europe. In September 2014 (54 years old) I ended up in the hospital, where doctors said they had never seen anything like it in my age. I had so extreme atherosclerosis all over the body that they would remove my left leg 4 days later and right leg 1 month later and otherwise give me statins, aspirin etc. :evil:
In addition, I was prediabetic, too high blood pressure, a smoker, tried every kind of diet included keto, low carb... you name it (in the bodybuilding world) and great pain in all joints and all my lumbar vertebrae are pancake thin (the only thing that keeps me upright, outside a wheelchair and the absence of disc prolapses is that I train bodybuilding and have a really nice portion of muscle mass that keep me together).
Total cholesterol was 290 mg / dl. Today 151mg / dl.
Prediabetic, high blood pressure and pain in all joints disappeared the first 10 days after I had changed my diet to the McDougall diet.

I asked the doctors when the medicine would cure me :?: They looked strange at me and said it will never cure you. So I asked why should I take it. They did not answer and I walk away with both my legs as a non-smoker and without any medication, because at some point I do not want to sit in a wheelchair, let alone be dependent on some others, if it stands to me, get muscular dystrophy and/or diabetes from the medication. But there should go 2 1/2 years ( April 2017) before I accidentally saw Earthlings on the web and 20 seconds inside the documentary I told myself, What The Health :D ...never, never again a single bite without knowing what I was supposed to do. In the same second, I had to admit that I had said all my life I love animals was a lie. The true was that I loved selected animals. Today I can truely say I love all animals. Shortly afterwards and again randomly McDougall appeared on the web and I immediately bought the book The Starch Solution and then just started 100% and not a single person has been allowed to cross the decision if it is Christmas, Easter, Birthdays ..... I wanted to be cured, I will never go back and I don't care about what others think and can't they accept it, I just go another way and leave them behind :D

Am I cured :?: I think so 8) I have only 1 thing left: I'm too bloated. I look like someone who is going to give birth to my baby food anytime. I am on the toilet and descending quickly and painlessly with a nice big half-soft mass every day. Maybe I just overeat because I love food and don't get fat from starch, vegetables and fruit and it's close that I overeat broccoli, well not quite, but potatoes are fine - but it hurts physically and also mentally. I have a fat percentage about 18-19% and it should be possible to see my six pack, but no it's just a big food bowl. I have (not 100%) tried to eliminate wheat, rye and barley, and also McDougall's elimination test, but none of them 100% completed. I have been to colonoscopy (and survived) and nothing to find and the doctor talked about the low fodmap and HUSK, but it is not a path I choose as it is too crazy about what I know today and I already get a lots of fibres. I am frustrated :?

I'm forever grateful to McDougall and hope to meet him and the team someday. I have helped several others along the same path and it warms my heart and I will continue - no matter how bad others take it up. My mission is not to tell others what to do, but my mission is just to tell the truth :lol: :!: From there, for my sake, they can do what suits them.
Thank you so much again. There are no words big enough to thank McDougall but one thing is surely you make the world for a better place to be :thumbsup:
AHIMSA Marianne
Last edited by MarianneThornberg23 on Mon May 20, 2019 3:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Make sure you have a healthy, fun and eventful day
MarianneThornberg23

Re: I was given a second chance, took it and is cured?

Postby Yomom » Sun May 19, 2019 6:39 am

Congratulations on your success in following The McDougall Program, and recovering your health.
Kathy
Yomom

Postby MarianneThornberg23 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:11 am

Yomom wrote:Congratulations on your success in following The McDougall Program, and recovering your health.
Kathy

Thank you :D
MarianneThornberg23

Postby John McDougall » Sun May 19, 2019 2:38 pm

Definitely a star McDougaller!

You might come to the conclusion that the medical businesses (with few exceptions) are committing criminal behaviors by allowing, and often causing, pain and suffering for their customers. Not to mention all the money they are stealing from you, insurance companies, employers, and our government. There ought to be laws and law suites against those who fail to offer their patients proven, cost-free treatments for common (suffered by > 80% of people) chronic diseases, such as those food-borne illnesses suffered by Marianne.

John McDougall, MD
John McDougall
Site Admin

Postby MarianneThornberg23 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:04 am

John McDougall wrote:Definitely a star McDougaller!

You might come to the conclusion that the medical businesses (with few exceptions) are committing criminal behaviors by allowing, and often causing, pain and suffering for their customers. Not to mention all the money they are stealing from you, insurance companies, employers, and our government. There ought to be laws and law suites against those who fail to offer their patients proven, cost-free treatments for common (suffered by > 80% of people) chronic diseases, such as those food-borne illnesses suffered by Marianne.

John McDougall, MD

Absolutely and was there a possibility of prosecution I would be the first to conduct a lawsuit.
No doubt that many (manufacturers as health professionals) are actually criminals because they are not stupid and the truth / information does not pass their ears and eyes. One idea would be to wear sponsor jerseys - like sportsmen - so we can see who is paying them

There are a few doctors and nurses in my own family, but none of them want anything to do with it. I actually have pity on them. It's really a shame for them to be so manipulated.

We fortunately have a doctor employed at the cancer department at Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, who is helping to spread the truth. His name is Tobias Schmidt Hansen and has written the book "Den Plantebaserede kost" ("The Plant-Based Diet") which is in Danish and has just been translated into Swedish by Läkare för framtiden (Doctors for the Future): http: //www.lakareforframtiden.se/
Last edited by MarianneThornberg23 on Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarianneThornberg23

Postby pundit999 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 pm

Great Story! Thanks for sharing.
It is amazing how good the body in healing itself if just given the chance.
It should be criminal for doctors to not inform the patient that there is way to cure most major ailments, by changing the life style.
pundit999

Postby MarianneThornberg23 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:14 pm

pundit999 wrote:Great Story! Thanks for sharing.
It is amazing how good the body in healing itself if just given the chance.
It should be criminal for doctors to not inform the patient that there is way to cure most major ailments, by changing the life style.

Thanks and totally agree :thumbsup:
MarianneThornberg23

Postby Atheria » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:46 pm

What a wonderful success story! Good for you!

Peace,
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories