McDougall Success Stories

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

McDougall Success Stories

Postby JeffN » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:52 am

If you have a McDougall success story to tell, or you have an update to your existing story, let me know. We are always interested in sharing the success of McDougaller’s and updating the existing Star stories.

You can just post below and/or PM me or email me at jeff(@)jeffnovick(dot)com

Thanks

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Re: McDougall Success Stories

Postby MINNIE » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:03 am

Six years and four months on the McDougall diet :) :D !

The conditions it originally cured - GERD, IBS and high LDL cholesterol - have never come back. Other health problems, including major depression, are gone.

I have never, to my knowledge, eaten any off-plan food since I started this way of eating. I don't even want to.

I am not a saint, a role model for self-restraint, or an ascetic. I am, on the contrary, a hedonist who loves living a full life and having maximum fun. If I can do this successfully, anyone can!

Because fun is more fun when you give your body and brain the food it naturally craves -starch! And plenty of it!!

I eat delicious food, (lots and lots of potatoes), and haven't gained unwanted weight. At 72, I feel more energetic and joyful than ever.

Starch rules!!!!!
MINNIE

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Can I nominate other people? One of my goals in life is to be a star McDougaller, but I don’t think I’m there yet.

A couple people on the boards who immediately come to mind are Sue and Amy. Both have lost unwanted weight and achieved other health goals. Sue travels often and manages to navigate traveling the world and staying on plan. Amy is a wonderful example of what can be accomplished with persistence and motivation.

If you want to feature a couple McDougalling babies, I have one! Also, I think Fuzzy had a really on-plan pregnancy and has a healthy little one now as well.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby JeffN » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:13 am

Thanks everyone

Minnie, check your PM’s

Sue’s story will be published in the next few weeks

In health
Jeff