APRIL 2019 Maintenance Thread

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: APRIL 2019 Maintenance Thread

Postby Starchyme » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:30 am

Thanks Suey. It's all new to me! I yo-yo'd for many many years.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Ejeff » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:47 am

Lindsey hope the house feels better very soon. Weeks eating was pretty good for the most part, but not perfect lol. Up about 1/2 a pound this week. Way to maintain Starchyme you must be having great success in being consistent with your eating.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi everyone!

Sorry about the delay in responding, illness hit us pretty hard, but we are back in the game.

Sue - Your picture looks absolutely scrumptious! Gardener's Pie is a genius idea, and perfect for spring. Spending time exercising outdoors is a great way to get sunshine and fresh air. The hiking club we joined is for families with young children, so it might end up being more of a leisurely wander than a rigorous hike, but at least we'll be exploring the great outdoors. The pitch in was awesome, as usual. I took the dumplings from the party the night before (which was also wonderful), but they all stuck to the steamer. People still had many compliments, which was nice.

Erin - Pickleball sounds like so much fun. Adding in hiking and swimming sounds like great additions. Have you checked Meetup.com for a local hiking group? I've met a lot of great people through the site, and use it to post our pitch ins.

Starchyme - You've achieved 4 months of maintaining your goal! That is incredible.

Sue (again) - Those sneaky off-plan items! With Easter they have been lurking around my house more than normal, on to a new week.

Erin (again) - It's persistence, not perfection. You are consistent in all the major parts, those minor details are easy to tweak.

This week what I've had at the forefront of my mind is escaping the Pleasure Trap. Easter candy has been lining the aisles of the stores, just lying in wait to jump into my cart. Just picking up staple items can be challenging when plastic eggs full of treats and foiled covered chocolates await at every turn. I had not realized until the past few weeks what a weakness this is for me!

So, long story short, I have triggered the pleasure trap. Aside from just grin and bear it, what tips and tricks do you have to prevent a feast day from turning into a feast month?
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Starchyme » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:33 pm

Thanks, Lyndzey, It's been easier for me to maintain than it was trying to achieve maintenance all those years. Now with holiday coming into the picture, I may be telling a different tale come Friday when I weigh in.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Starchyme » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:26 am

I gained a pound with the holidays. But it'll disappear by next weigh-in. Count on it. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:05 am

Starchyme - Well done managing the holiday!

I’m holding steady from last week. I’ve gotten my feet back under me in regards to food choices, that batch cooking is key to preparedness. I’ve been making chocolate nice cream when I want a treat, and that keeps me out of trouble. My sister is getting married at the end of May, so I’d like to drop the extra three pounds before then, we’ll see how that goes.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Ejeff » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:11 am

I’m pretty much holding steady also. I just made some nice cream yesterday also and hadn’t had any for awhile so it was quite tasty. I agree batch cooking is so important and for me that is just having my starches at the ready usually brown rice and potatoes. I did have some farrow again this week and I think I will start adding more grains like this into my rotation. I enjoy the chewy texture and I eat it with all kind of veggies and top it with a simple tahini sauce that I thin out a lot with water, lemon juice, lime juice, and vinegar. Lindsey how nice you have a wedding to attend that will be such fun.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Suey51 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:53 am

Hi everyone,
Sorry I missed the weekend weigh-in last week.

Lindsey - the hiking group sounds perfect! Good to hear that the family are well again. Well done on getting back on track with the food choices :-D Ooh, how lovely to have a wedding to look forward to!

Ejeff - good job on continuing to hold steady! I haven't tried farrow so will have a look for some when we get back home.

Starchyme - love your strong and confident approach to maintenance!

My weight has bobbed up and down this week, I think because of eating out in restaurants during a four day trip we took with friends. The trip was lovely - beautiful scenery, lots of walking and chatting - but we were eating in restaurants for 3 meals a day. Sometimes the task of asking for exactly what I'd like to eat just got too tiresome, so I made the least worst choice I could from their regular menu. My weight is averaging out at about the same as last week, which is 2 pounds above goal weight. We travel back to the UK on Thursday so I'll be back to my home kitchen (and scales) and will focus on getting back down to goal weight. :-D

Catch up with everyone at the weekend, Sue xx
Suey51

Postby Lyndzie » Fri May 03, 2019 6:20 pm

Hi everyone, the link to the May thread is here. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories