JANUARY 2019 McDougall Maintenance Group

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: JANUARY 2019 McDougall Maintenance Group

Postby Starchyme » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:32 am

Second report from last week's stats. I did gain weight and now need to ditch 2 lbs to get back to my goal.
:crybaby: :crybaby:
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Lyndzie » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi Erin. Pickleball sounds awesome. Well done on working towards your goal of dropping a few pounds. You are staying so active!

Hello Geo. You have hit the nail on the head as far as riches go. You can have all the money in the world, but does it matter if you don’t have health? Right now we are being being very financially prudent, and I especially appreciate how affordable eating this way is.

Hey there Starchyme. Bummer to hear about the two pounds, but those will easily come off with a little dietary tweaking. Jeff recommends staying within a 3-5 pound range, so you are still in the “safe zone,” so to speak.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Starchyme » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:04 pm

Thanks, Lyndzie. I agree. No worry about it. I know after all these years that if I just stay keep on keeping on it'll all even itself out. I'm trying not to focus on the weight as much as eating healthy anyway. Though it does feel good to see the scale status quo!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Lyndzie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:20 pm

One of the keys to success that is frequently brought up is time and adherence. Time is easy to measure, that’s been standardized, but what about adherence? How do you define compliance?

Back in October I had heard about habit tracking apps and decided to see if that would work for me. It was a huge eye-opener. I thought I was following the 95%+ compliance that is recommended (based on calories), but in reality my off plan eating was more frequent than I had realized.

Since using the habit tracker, my accountability has increased dramatically. If you have a habit that you are working on implementing, such as daily exercise, no sweets, etc, using a habit app might help you find your rhythm.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby geo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:47 am

Habits are necessary, but it always comes down to what habits, doesn't it :-)

How do you define compliance?

Compliancy is easy. Simply understand what needs to be done, no equivocation, and then ... JUST... DO... IT.

After that, a habit is born and formed. :lol:

On this program, the understanding is simple and basic...eat your starches, veggies, fruit and drink clean water, breathe clean air, be active. Do that and you'll easily form the only real health promoting habits you'll ever need...health is yours for the taking...its always been there and just waiting for you...
geo

My 1 year Journal McDougalling and results Testimonial
My March 2013 Star McDougaller Story
Some Random Thoughts on Successful McDougalling
geo

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:37 pm

Geo, you do have a good point, the program is simple, but implementing the recommendations is not always simple, otherwise we would not see countless posts about people trying to find a way to follow the program in settings that essentially set people up for failure with "food" that is engineered to be irresistible. I, for one, end up at my in-laws once a week and not only is there nothing we would consider food there, there is a cabinet full of every kind of candy, cracker and just plain junk, so it's not just a matter of bringing my own food, a decent amount of willpower is require to avoid the CRAP everyone else is indulging in. Dan wrote about these challenges earlier this month as well. I'm impressed with how well you have been able to overcome any obstacles and lead by example of what can be accomplished with a thorough adoption of the guidelines.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Starchyme » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:04 am

Good morning. I hope everyone is doing well. I lost 1 lb of the 2 lbs. I had gained. So I''m still up 1 pound which I vow will be gone next weigh in.
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Lyndzie » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:10 am

Hi Starchyme! Well done on focusing your efforts and getting results.

Today happens to be February. Where did the month go?! Here is the next month’s thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=59234
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories