1 month and hanging in

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

1 month and hanging in

Postby Michele613 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:53 pm

I am nearing the close of my 1st month (and my 4th try on this plan). Once again I lost 11 #s in these 2.5 weeks which seems to be the easiest part. I am gearing up for the 5-6 week mark as that has been, in the past, when somehow I fall off program....for long periods.

This time I feel stronger in my commitment and I think that part of the reason is that I am keeping more appropriate food 'on hand' so that I have go to food right away. I do not like to cook so much though I do when I have to. My husband has been helping by making sure I have grains and potatoes available and our freezer is stocked with vegetables and cherries and blueberries for morning oatmeal.

I am getting attached to my homemade cornbread and store bought rice fettuccine. Have a question outstanding about whether or not I can eat these 2 foods to my desire. Anyone know?

I am truly hopeful that 'this time' will lead me to goal. I have somewhere between 20-35 lbs to lose depending upon how I feel down the line on this journey. Hope to share continuing success with all of you supporters as I continue on this healthy path. Thanks for being here. :)

BTW my total cholesterol dropped from 209 to 153 in 2 weeks.
Michele613

Re: 1 month and hanging in

Postby DeborahAnn » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:24 am

Well the rice fettuccini and corn bread are both highly processed foods. I think both would hinder your diet. But if your goal is to lose weight more slowly, perhaps they could be a part of your diet?
DeborahAnn

Re: 1 month and hanging in

Postby Lyndzie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:18 pm

From Jeff: Can you really eat as much as you want?
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27333

My thoughts are that these are “transitional” foods for you, while you work on staying on plan. Then, as your tastes change and you progress, you’ll eat them less and find new foods to have instead.

The pasta is fine. To aid in weight loss, consider miking your dish 1/2 pasta and 1/2 veggies, by visual appearance. That will keep the calorie density low and your belly full. Corn bread is probably higher in calories, so be mindful of that. Whole foods would be lower in calorie density and probably more satiating.

Best to you!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories