A year of living McDougall-y!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

A year of living McDougall-y!

Postby Suey51 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:51 am

I'm celebrating my 1 year anniversary of following the McDougall Program. Thank you to Dr McDougall, Jeff Novick and Dr Lisle and to Amy, who leads the Weigh In Threads here on the forum. I couldn't have done this without you all :-D

I started following the McDougall Program on 12th May 2017 after re-reading (for the 3rd or 4th time) Dr McDougall’s ‘12 Days To Dynamic Health’ and ‘The Maximum Weight Loss Program’ while on holiday. My weight that day was 149 pounds (10 stone 9 pounds). I reached my goal weight of 124 pounds ( 8 stone 12 pounds) on 1st March 2018 and have fluctuated between 123 and 126 pounds since then. You can read more about my story here...

My goal for year 2 is to keep eating this way and to stay at or under my goal weight. I'd love to say its all plain sailing now but it isn't. I still get tempted and have days when I go off-program, but I've learnt that if I keep going back to this way of eating I will get back to my goal weight. I continue to weigh daily because it helps me reset quickly when I eat off-program.

Recently, I’ve been reflecting on my motivation to continue with this way of eating in this weight maintenance mode. My goals are to continue to feel good and to remain as healthy as I can :-D
Suey51

Re: A year of living McDougall-y!

Postby Yomom » Tue May 15, 2018 6:37 am

Congratulations! Thanks so much for sharing the story of your success. I admire your persistence.
Yomom

Postby Suey51 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:24 am

Thanks Yomom!
Suey51

Postby moonlight » Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 am

Congratulations!! :D :D Thank you for sharing your thoughts and journey in your posts. Good luck to you in navigating the next chapter, maintenance. From reading your posts my guess is that you will conquer the challenges, even though it might take a little more effort in the beginning.

I hope to write a similar post in November! :-)
moonlight

Postby Lyndzie » Tue May 15, 2018 12:28 pm

Congrats! I’m so happy for your success!!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Suey51 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:26 am

Thank you moonlight! You must have read my mind! The first few weeks of maintenance went well and I was able to stay a pound or two below my goal weight. We then had a trip abroad and I gained a couple of pounds. I had expected this as I knew there were going to be many tricky eating situations. We've been home a week, and while I'm back on McDougall compliant foods, the overall calorie density is too high and the scales aren't shifting. As of yesterday, I'm working on this :-)

I look forward to reading your post in November - you've totally got this :-D

Thank you Lynzie :D
Suey51

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories