6 Month Check-In

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

6 Month Check-In

Postby veganmama1023 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:51 am

I started this journey in late August 2017 at age 26 and about 230 lbs., depressed and exhausted. I had my second baby in February 2017 and was stuck with the weight I had gained in college plus the post-baby weight from two pregnancies. I could barely recognize my body in the state that it was in. I discovered What the Health and Forks Over Knives on Netflix and began to change my lifestyle to a WFPB way of living. I have since read The Starch Solution, Becoming Vegan, and a few McDougall cookbooks. I've ordered The China Study and The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss and cannot wait to get my hands on them. Learning about this lifestyle is so rewarding, mentally and physically. I have wavered a couple of times in my diet, and have not been able to nix the coffee 100%, but I have still experienced success and try to stay 99% compliant. I wish I had blood test numbers to share, but I do not at this point. I know that my blood pressure has gone from 140/90 to 120/70. This is wonderful because I've suffered from high BP since I was in college. I always attributed it to stress, but I now know that my diet played a huge factor in those numbers. I weighed in this morning at 197.2 lbs! I haven't been under the 200 lb. threshold since before I started college! I still have about 17 lbs to lose to be at a healthy BMI for my height, but I know that I can do it with all that I have learned from McDougall and the other WFPB health pioneers :)
veganmama1023

Re: 6 Month Check-In

Postby Willijan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Congratulations, veganmama! You sound like you are having enormously quick success and comprehension of the program. Yes, for me it is rewarding mentally, cognitively, as well as for my health. It is fun to keep learning about the ideas and also how to cook and eat this way. August, 2017 to February, 2018. Not very long for such a large weight loss. If the main problem you are having is drinking some coffee, you are very successful.
Willijan

Postby Atheria » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:13 pm

Great job!! Keep up the good work and check in again. :-)

:-)
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby veganmama1023 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:21 am

Willijan wrote:Congratulations, veganmama! You sound like you are having enormously quick success and comprehension of the program. Yes, for me it is rewarding mentally, cognitively, as well as for my health. It is fun to keep learning about the ideas and also how to cook and eat this way. August, 2017 to February, 2018. Not very long for such a large weight loss. If the main problem you are having is drinking some coffee, you are very successful.

I'm shocked at the progress I have made, as well. I've dieted many times and never gotten these results. I truly think I am finally giving my body what it needs and deserves to thrive :)
veganmama1023

Postby veganmama1023 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:21 am

Atheria wrote:Great job!! Keep up the good work and check in again. :-)

:-)
Atheria

Thank you!
veganmama1023

Postby Janet-C » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Congratulations!! I look forward to any updates you post too!
Janet-C

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories