6 Month update!!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

6 Month update!!

Postby rjsupersonic » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:36 am

Today is exactly 6 months. I started at 283 Lbs and today weighed in at 211!! :-D :-D :-D I can't be more happy. A few thoughts for people starting out. You will hit some plateaus, its seems the body will just pause and not lose any weight, this I believe is normal and I observed it several times. I stayed at the same weight for up to 2 weeks with little or no change, then sure enough I jump on the scale and am down 2 Lbs. The loss also slows down as you approach a normal weight. I now lose about 1 Lb a week and have about 25 Lbs to go, just don't get discouraged and stick to the plan. The only exercise I have done was walking a few times a week. I will add more exercise when I get close to my ideal weight. I believe the more you lose the less stress you will put on your joints as you exercise. I can tell my body adjusted from carrying those extra 72 Lbs that I lost...that is a lot of weight and a lot of stress on the joints. I had some knee and hip pain before losing the pounds that is now nearly gone:)
rjsupersonic

Re: 6 Month update!!

Postby dlee » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:29 pm

Congrats to you . keep up the good work.Dlee
:-D
dlee

Postby Willijan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:40 pm

It sounds like you're doing wonderfully well! It is very interesting to hear the pattern of the weight loss you had. I'll be interested to hear how you're doing on your next post.
Willijan

Postby rjsupersonic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:52 am

I am now at 202 Lbs after 8.5 months. The pounds are still dropping although at a slower rate about 2 to 4 Lbs per month. I am very happy with my progress. I have about 20 Lbs to go which will put me at around 180 Lbs. Life is so much better with 81 Lbs less to carry.
rjsupersonic

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories