My Story

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

My Story

Postby Elminster » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:56 am

Greetings all - this is my first post here, though I've trolled a bit reading other posts.

Here's my story:

About 11 months ago I weight 224 pounds (I'm only 5'6"), had acid reflux every night and took OTC meds (Zantac, 150 mg) every night so I could sleep. I had blood pressure readings of about 140/90, give or take. I had a size 38 waist, and had no clue about nutrition or how to eat right. I was diagnosed pre-diabetic with fasting glucose around 101 and A1C of about 6.1.

I began trying to eat better. My younger sister is a registered dietician, so she had me counting carbs, etc... I used MyFitnessPal to track my food. After 3 months I went back to the doctor, I had lost about 20 pounds but my blood sugar counts and blood pressure weren't any better.

I began exercising with the diet, and my heartburn went away after losing some more weight. Went back to the doctor and had lost a total of about 30 pounds, but blood sugar and blood pressure hadn't improved.

Then I watched "Forks over Knives", and saw Dr. McDougall on there, and decided to look him up and read his work. I read "The Starch Solution" and decided to give it a try.

Now, 4 months later I am down to 165 pounds, no heartburn, blood pressure is about 110/65, and I have yet to go back to the doctor to test my blood sugar. I'm confident it will be better, and I'll report back once I know.

I feel amazing! My waist size is now 31 inches - down 7 inches from 10 months ago! I have energy, I feel great, I exercise almost daily, and I love the food!

I'm grateful to the pioneers who had the bravery to tell the truth about diet and nutrition; Dr. McDougall, Dr. Campbell, Dr. Esselstyn, et. al.
Elminster

Re: My Story

Postby jamietwo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:07 pm

I'm glad you found the information you needed! Congratulations on your wonderful progress!
Jamie
jamietwo

Postby Willijan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:09 pm

What a fun post to read, Elminster. I am happy for you. In addition to that, it is great to see another confirmation of this way of eating. It's working great for me and my husband too.

So funny, tried this for months, didn't change blood work and blood pressure, tried again for months, only weight changed. Tried McDougall, voila! Success!
Willijan

Postby Karen 0803 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:29 pm

Well done congratulations :-D
Karen 0803

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories