succes story after 3 weeks only

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

succes story after 3 weeks only

Postby dwhitton1 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:27 am

hello to every one here
dr mcdougall save me a lot on health problems and maybe save my life .

i am dave a french canadian of 46 years old diagnose with type 2 diabetes the 4 of may 2017 by my doctor
he told me my blood sugar the last 3 months was average 306 , 17 in canada number

Cholesterol i think not certain but way too high the nurse told me they could not see the good one because the bad one are too high 7.6 mmol/l = 293.89018 mg/dl , i will be updated in august new test blood mid august , i eat to much cheese i leave just beside a dairy manufacturer and i was eating a lot of cheese

i make some search over the internet and found dr mcdougall on youtube
thanks god the result are there

the 15 of may 2017 i was seeing some result going down on my table of sugar where i write down sugar number
doctor d'ont look at it in is office , told me take the pills you are pass the diet , i was thinking placing you on insulin
when i return home i was devastating , i said to my self lets try another couple week

only 3 week after applying diet , i lost 15 pounds on a total of 35 pounds , 20 of those pounds lost are from me being sick
i was all the time drinking water not felling good and loosing weight the reason i go see my doctor at first

now i feel better than before wake up early by my self no more clock , i am not hungry all the time , i have way more energy
than before ,

little funny story i own apartment building . i was finishing a apartment for rent the 20 of may , the night of the 19 i finish working at 11 pm , i was with 2 guys to help me finish painting and cleaning the apartment before the lady came in the 20 may
i paid the lunch at 6 pm around for the 2 guys they ask me pizza , i order chef salad for me no sauce after eating lunch 1 of the 2 guys finish working at 7 pm could not do more , the other one was like super tired at 9 pm , me i was like a young man of 20 still doing strong at 11 pm

now i read all the ingredients on label and a leave on the shelf everything with added sugar , eggs or oil . except for now vegan mayo but i eat very little with tomato sandwich 1 tea spoon only .

in the morning i eat cereal brown one with half of a banana non sweet almond milk 1/3 cup , dinner time , tofu , spinach , garlic , radish , hot pepper , some others greens like green onion , lunch time some potato , miso soup , brown bread , baba ganoush vegetable tofu spinach

i drink no more cola , i drink all the time green tea and herb tea and water , i stop coffee for now , juice from a juicer every day at around 5 pm , 2 pounds of carrots , 4 red small beetroot , 2 apple no peal , 1 cucumber i share with family every day like a clock

i think i was deficient in mineral and vitamin , now no more craving for sugar or salt like it was before , if i have one easy fix little peanut butter like 1 tea spoon on 2 natural cookies maybe every 3-4 days for now , i eat peanut butter natural one with the oil over it .

here the magic blood sugar is now around 80-120 , 4.4 to 6.7 in canada number ....
my heart rate is now around 70-80 , was 110 before , blood pressure now 117 on 73 , before 130 on 85
weight now 209-210 was around 245 before
my vision got better , hearing got better , taste got better , energy went way up i fell like 20 now

thanks for the works of mcdougall family i think they save a lot of people from health trouble
dwhitton1

Re: succes story after 3 weeks only

Postby peasouper » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:28 am

Well done! Keep up the good work!

Best wishes, Sue
peasouper

Postby petmomful » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:13 pm

That is absolutely fantastic! I am very happy for you and I am experiencing great results and increased energy as well. Keep it up and you will be able to outwork all the younger guys!
petmomful

Postby dwhitton1 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:46 am

little update after about 3.5 month lost 52 pounds no more diabetes , diabetes is gone
mi life have change 100% , i eat a lot and i am keeping loosing weight slowly ... now

thanks to potato rice and bread

thanks a lot and a big hug to your entire family for their work
dwhitton1

Postby americaninca46 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:17 am

What an encouragement you are. You took control, jumped right in and never complained about what you could not eat. You had great faith in what you were doing, also in the program. You are a fine example of what the program is meant to do. Keep up the good work. Just try not to be disappointed when others, who are in bad health do not follow in your footsteps. We have all been there. Thanks again for sharing. Rebia
americaninca46

Postby rjsupersonic » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:49 pm

dwhitton1 wrote:little update after about 3.5 month lost 52 pounds no more diabetes , diabetes is gone
mi life have change 100% , i eat a lot and i am keeping loosing weight slowly ... now

That is great! Keep it up the weight still comes off I am approach 6 months with a 70Lb loss! I have to buy a bicycle now because I have so much energy:)
rjsupersonic

Postby wayneb » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:36 pm

wow great well done, thanks for the inspiration
wayneb

Postby dwhitton1 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:36 am

i see the nurse couple days a go , she told me she never see something like this in 12 years of practice following over 500 diabetic patients .... she said i was a miracle ..... she could not believe what only diet can do without drug mi result on paper mi weight in april 2017 was about 247-250 in the morning i lost about 30 pounds in the first month , going fron 42 to 36 pants i even have to make mi watch wrist smaller i am keeping talking of the mcdougall diet to people i know around me mi result of last test Image or link to mi blood test https://vgy.me/AfdT7V.png
Last edited by dwhitton1 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
dwhitton1

Postby Werner1950 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:22 am

dwhitton1 wrote:little update after about 3.5 month lost 52 pounds no more diabetes , diabetes is gone

What did your doctor say??
"An ounce of evidence is worth a pound of presumption"
Werner1950

Postby dwhitton1 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Werner1950 wrote:

What did your doctor say??

this was the nurse i did not see the doctor this time , the last time the doctor it was around the 15 of may 2017 when i start seeing result from following dr mcdougall for 5 days around , and he told me you have past the stage of eating good food , i show him mi paper of blood sugar going down he dont even look at it . he told me that he was thinking placing me on insulin and repeat me take your pill , i said yes but i dont take it by chance now is ok diabeties is gone
dwhitton1

Postby Lyndzie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:48 am

C'est incroyable! Congradulations!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby dlee » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:15 am

IT"S THE FOOD! as Dr McDougall always says..
congrats on keeping to your healthy ways. It is not a milagro, we are supposed to eat like this and your results are the proof! :-D Dlee
dlee

Postby Tblum » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:01 am

I am new to the McDougall’s diet. I have been leaning towards a vegan / plant based diet for a few years without weight loss success. A real sugar addiction! I live in California and would like a recommendation of a good brand of bread as my lifestyle is too busy to bake. Any other tips for this sugar addiction is appreciated. I use to put nuts and brown sugar and raisins in my oatmeal. Now I see that is counterproductive for me in my journey.
Tblum

Postby Willijan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:47 pm

Tblum wrote:I am new to the McDougall’s diet. I have been leaning towards a vegan / plant based diet for a few years without weight loss success. A real sugar addiction! I live in California and would like a recommendation of a good brand of bread as my lifestyle is too busy to bake. Any other tips for this sugar addiction is appreciated. I use to put nuts and brown sugar and raisins in my oatmeal. Now I see that is counterproductive for me in my journey.

One way to get more sweetness in cereal without using sugar is dates. They're sweeter than raisins. They are high calorie. But they may help you get away from a sugar addiction. When I was eating oatmeal, I used just dates in it, or dates and small amounts of soymilk. Tastes great! And I didn't gain weight from them, but my weight is pretty low.

Another thing that helped me with sugar cravings is an elimination diet. I was just eating rice and veggies for all three meals. I found out how good that tastes. However, it didn't totally get rid of the desire to eat sugar. Just helped me enjoy other foods more. You might want to try it for just a day or two. Veggies can substitute for sweets for me enough to help me keep the amount of dates I eat lower and keep me from eating sugar.
Willijan

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories