Surprising self discovery but not really new.

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Surprising self discovery but not really new.

Postby Mental4Lentils » Fri May 08, 2015 1:21 am

Okay this might sound gross to some of you, but as a big man who still tips the scales at 296, keeping myself "odor-free" is still somewhat of a challenge. Usually within a good 4 to 6 hours after getting up, if I've not had a shower things start getting unpleasant in the "tight spots". Well, at least they USED to. Lately I've noticed I really am less stinky.

Just like Dr. McDougall says, people who eat meat and dairy stink! But I didn't really realize how much I stank till it was gone.
I've been 100% plant based vegan for about two weeks now, and never before have I felt so fresh for so long.

Perhaps this is how herbivores in the wild are able to discern predators within proximity? They smell bad.
Make sense?

:nod:
Mental4Lentils

Re: Surprising self discovery but not really new.

Postby rhubarbtriangle » Fri May 08, 2015 2:52 am

Yes, I'm sure you're right.
I have been vegetarian for a long time, went vegan in February and started McDougalling 2 weeks ago.
I notice that my meat eating friends are often quite smelly and I know they take care of themselves with regard to personal hygiene. The body must be trying to rid itself of the toxins in meat by excreting them through the skin. Meat definitely not a healthy food since it makes the body work so hard to cope with it.
Well done on your lifestyle changes so far, and I look forward to following your McDouall journey. :-D
“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
― A.A. Milne

rhubarbtriangle

Postby mapat » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:58 pm

While many summer days are sweaty in general, my face sweats (profusely!) after eating meats. Only a problem if I eat meats.
mapat

Postby Okra Lover » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:18 pm

I noticed the same thing too! I have been on the WOE for seven months now and after about 4 weeks I noticed I didn't need deodorant. I did buy the rock crystal and use it but really don't need it. Went to Corpus Christi in October and thought for sure I would need deodorant but I didn't need it! Besides making me healthy, this WOE saves money at the grocery store too!
Okra Lover

Postby Willijan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:06 am

On this diet, I don't need deodorant, and I use very little soap. Of course, I never sweated much even before this diet. But my husband! When his kids were little, they referred to him as an EPA disaster. And being mostly on this diet, he now doesn't need to shower twice a day like he used to, sometimes not even every day. And he never needs deodorant. I can kiss his bald head, but I won't get much lip gloss from it the way I used to.
There are so many personal products that I think are a waste, and you can save a lot if you don't buy them. Who needs hair conditioner if you leave some of the natural oil in your hair?
Our society has let personal care and purchase of products get way out of line. Those of us who are over 60 know no one did that when we were young.
Willijan

Postby Atheria » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Vegans do tend to have less body odor than meat eaters. I do still need deodorant though. That being said, two of my coworkers (married couple) are both on paleo and tend to have horrible bad breath. Blech. I even noticed that when I was eating a low carb vegan diet my breath stunk.

Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Postby Julia » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Isn't that funny, as far as smelling bad goes? We have been Mcdougalling for 12 years now and recently moved from Germany to the US. My son, who is 15, was diagnosed with Crohns this past summer and I contacted Dr. Klapper at True North for help. He put me in touch with a doctor in Hawaii who coaches people to healing Crohns and Collitis on a plant based diet. He has had tremendous results. He is not quite Mcdougall as it is a "Natural Hygiene" diet which is predominantly fruits, then veggies and very low on cooked food and low on fat. It has healed my son and i must admit has added another dimension to my life. We did it to support my son and i have blended it a bit with Dr. Mcdougall but have kept the simplicity of raw food and fruits as the major part of my diet. I love it and have even better blood work than I had before.

The funny thing with the smell is that my son can't stand school because a lot of the kids have really strong smells now. He says he can literally smell the meat in their breath. :eek:

Julia
Julia

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories