I'm ruined

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: I'm ruined

Postby VegMommy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:55 pm

Werner1950 wrote:Although I don't have cravings a home, a place devoid of cookies, desserts and snacky foods, I am still not able to resist the foods at our church potlucks. And I can't refuse to go, because I am their pastor :)

I have seen to many fat preachers in my lifetime, and I became determined to lose my excess baggage, when I found this WOE.

But those chips and those tortes still call out to me when I see them.. any tips and tricks to keep me from those sirens?
I have lost 30 lbs since I have started, but I have plateaued for 3 months now, and I really want to lose about 20 more.

It's the weekends that are the hardest.

I don't know the answer...all I know is that (I think) it eventually goes away. My husband and I were out Saturday night at the home of some friends. The table was laden with quiche, cheese and crackers, chips and candy. I honestly can say that I was not tempted by any of it. I don't have some kind of super-human self-control, lol. I just didn't see any food on the table, so it was not an effort to keep from eating it. Maybe it's just a matter of time.
VegMommy

Postby Willijan » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Since starting (second time) to McDougall in June, 2013, I liked the food from the beginning. Now I have developed a good repertoire of recipes and both my husband and I LOVE the food.
Nean, especially if I have baked JAPANESE sweet potatoes, they are like candy!
My biggest need for improvement is to eat less sugar. One step on the way is to make Texas Cake (a simple chocolate sheet cake recipe), but sub baby food prunes or Sunsweet Lighter Bake for the oil, use egg replacer, increase the cocoa slightly, use 100% whole wheat flour, and cut the sugar to 1/4 of the original amount. If you use pureed prunes for the entire amount of oil called for, instead of half prunes and half water as the Sunsweet people suggest, it comes out rather like a pudding. It is delicious, warm or cold. Would be good for a church potluck!
You can do something similar with a carrot cake.
However, I am working on eating it less often and in smaller servings. And I am making progress. I am to the point where I can eat a little and not want more, but if it is still on the counter cooling I will keep eating anyway sometimes. This is my biggest problem with keeping to a good diet.
Willijan

Postby dteresa » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:01 pm

werner, I was kind of where you are now with your diet but I did not have nearly the temptations that you have. You could use a really radical method to avoid being tempted with off plan food just as I did. Have a heart attack, have your heart stop beating and wake up naked on an exam table in the ER. Works great. All I have to do is revive the memory and I don't care what is on the buffet table. Not eating it.

didi
dteresa

Postby JulieS » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:17 pm

dteresa wrote:werner, I was kind of where you are now with your diet but I did not have nearly the temptations that you have. You could use a really radical method to avoid being tempted with off plan food just as I did. Have a heart attack, have your heart stop beating and wake up naked on an exam table in the ER. Works great. All I have to do is revive the memory and I don't care what is on the buffet table. Not eating it.

didi

I am sure this isn't meant to be humorous, but I couldn't help to laugh!! :lol: Many of my worst fears are in what happened to you. Even worse than the pain of a heart attack, I would hate to be naked in ER if front of a bunch of people, strangers poking and prodding me, and total loss of control. Hate it!! Thanks for the reminder of what could be if we didn't eat this WOE!
LOST 55 POUNDS! From pant size 14 to size 4, BMI:21
JulieS

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories