Cancer cured with nutrition and herbs

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Cancer cured with nutrition and herbs

Postby Rick Over » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:05 am

Hello everybody,

I'm new on this forum and I would like to share my experience.

I'm a 50 yo man and I'm not anglo-american so excuse my English :-) .

Last year - in April 2012 - I've been diagnosed with an urinary bladder cancer. In fact the tumor was very aggressive (it doubled in only one month) and "invasive" (ie. it infiltrated the bladder wall). Worst-case scenario.

As a result the urologists told me there was no other solutions than a radical cystectomy. A radical cystectomy is a medical term for surgical removal of the urinary bladder (geeee !). I consulted 3 hospitals and saw around 10 urologists at all. All said the same. In order to avoid contagion they also kindly proposed to remove my prostate. This was simply unacceptable to me. Better dead than mutilated.

After making some thinking I rejected the operation and decided to try to heal alone with "alternative" treatments, including nutrition (I read Campbell's China Study). I just allowed the doctors to remove as much as they could of the tumor through a trans-urethral resection (TUR) so that I could function again. Before the TUR the tumor was 6 cm in diameter and was totally blocking the urination - I had a catheter. I was miserable. After the TUR I was able to urinate without a catheter and without bleeding. Biopsy confirmed the cancerous nature of the tumor. But they told me that without removing the bladder (and having chimiotherapy/radiation) I would not survive (because of the invasive character of the tumor and its very high aggressiveness). Anyway, I had to take the risk.

Among other problems I also had very high cholesterol, high blood pressure (up to 220/150), various other smaller problems (body-hair loss on my legs, pain in my legs, mental confusion) and last but not least, I was obese (300pds / 6 feet=1,85m).

I was a big meat/cheese/milk eater.

I immediately switched to a 100% vegan diet, mostly based on raw organic vegetables and starch and ... oil and nuts. I didn't know Dr McDougall at the time ( I just discovered him recently). I also took some herbal treatments for the tumor together with the diet change. I took IV injections of amygdalin and subcutaneous injections of mistletoe (ISCADOR). I also took various mysterious herbal potions given by a witch-doctor. I know all this can seem weird but this is what I did.

And it worked ! 18 months later I'm cancer free (based on a MRI scan). I keep my fingers crossed.
Most of my other issues are also solved: My blood pressure is 130/80, no cholesterol, pain in my legs gone, hair growing back on my legs. And even more important, all my organs are intact !

The only one big problem not yet fully corrected (despite some progress) is my weight. I only lost about 20 pounds in one and half year which is very low considering my new diet and my overweight. So I recently started to investigate (once more...) why it's not working. And I discovered Dr McDougall and watched all his videos. So I removed oil and nuts from my diet (that was the only difference I had). So now I'm 100% McDougall compliant.

And guess what ? After only 3 weeks I can see a huge difference ! I'm eventually losing weight fast and I feel even better ! I can clearly feel that the blocking point was bottled oil added to my food and probably nuts too. My mental fog also completely cleared and can enjoy reading books again (after several years).

I do not count calories and eat as much as I want ! And yes, I enjoy my food.

So I decided to write this testimony and I will keep you posted about my weight. I still have 60 pounds to lose !

And I would like to say to everybody suffering potentially fatal diseases : don't lose hope, but don't expect salvation from conventional doctors and big-pharma but instead believe in nutrition: We have not been designed by Nature to eat other animals. That's it !

And viva McDougall, a courageous doctor !
Last edited by Rick Over on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Recovering cancer and fighting obesity.
My testimonial:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=40480
Rick Over

Re: Cancer cured with nutrition and herbs

Postby Ampin Up » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:47 am

Rick,

Thanks for sharing your awesome story! Thanks for Dr. McDougall and that you found him as well.
Jeff - Certified Starch Solution Instructor
Down over 50 lbs and controlling BP, cholesterol, diabetes and arthritis no meds
Free Health info and recipes on my website
Self-Paced classes from $1
https://sites.google.com/site/letsbehealthytogether/
Ampin Up

Postby JennyParsley » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:58 am

Good for you Rick! Thank you for your detailed success story battling bladder cancer. I have an Uncle who died in his early 50s from bladder cancer. I wish he would have been open to nutrition and alternative solutions. His wife is a nurse and part of what I call the 'Western Medical Establishment', so he had surgery, radiation, bladder removal, etc.

I think you will definitely see the weight come off with your new plan of no oil & no nuts. I am almost at my goal weight and was able to start losing weight again when I removed oil and continue losing when I went further and removed nuts and all sugars as well.

Keep up the great work!
JennyParsley

Postby Melinda » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:30 pm

Wonderful news Rick! That is so inspiring - here's to a much Happier New Year for you!
Melinda

Postby eXtremE » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Congrats and Good for you Rick! Continue to update this thread as you drop the weight. Do you exercise? This will aid in your weight loss also.
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby Rick Over » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Thank you all for your kind messages ! :-)

I do not do sport but I live in the countryside and I have a lot of activity in my garden : walking, gardening, repairing this and that, etc. Of course during winter there is less to do ...

Will keep the thread updated with my weight loss progress. :-)
My testimonial:
Rick Over

Postby peasouper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:08 am

Wonderful Rick! I am so glad for you.

Sue
peasouper

Postby Pudgypumpkin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:35 pm

Way to go Rick! You are doing great. Please keep in touch as you progress as your story can help many of us as we reach our goals.
Pudgypumpkin - who is working on becoming a Sleekleek!
One potato, two potato, three potato, four - I'm a McDougalling Starchivore!
Pudgypumpkin

Postby Lizzy_F » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Rick, thank you for sharing your story of hope and inspiration! I'm so happy to read you are cancer free and doing so well on a whole food plant based diet. Best wishes to you for continued improvements with the recent changes you made removing oil and nuts. I look forward to your updates!
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

Postby Karuna » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Rick, your story is inspiring, especially since I am trying to make up my mind whether to take the chemo/radiation, or go with my gut which tells me nutrition and exercise are going to be the real answer. As to your weight loss, I've found 30 minutes of brisk walking daily to be quite helpful. Thank you for posting about your success.
Karuna

Postby Rick Over » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:10 am

Hello and thank you everybody for your kind words !

Regarding weight, now that I suppressed oil and nuts I'm losing weight fast ! This was clearly the blocking point !
I already can feel a big difference. I also go everyday for a long walk in the hills around with my dogs and it helps a lot (a big slope to climb to go up-hill !). I don't have a scale to measure my weight but I can feel it. Within 6 months from now I hopefully should be able to post the "before/after" picture ! :-)

Karuna, regarding cancer, of course I'm not a Medical Doctor, I'm just a patient, but depending on where the cancer is located I would also seriously consider Mistletoe/ISCADOR injections. You can read this:

A British cricket star: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2208460/Howzat-Former-England-batsman-claims-mistletoe-injections-cured-cancer-killed-years-ago.html

Suzanne Somers (an actress w. breast cancer) :
http://www.imaginis.com/breast-health-news/suzanne-somers-tries-alternative-therapy-to-treat-breast-cancer-studies-show-she-146-s-not-alone-dat

and this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQicB_7KNL8
Haven't read her book, but will buy it. In fact she apparently had a mix of surgery/chimio and alternative treatments.

In fact, regarding nutrition, what I did was to eat as much as I could of some vegetables which have proven anti-cancer properties like: garlic. leak, kale, broccoli, cabbage, etc. I'm eating them mostly RAW to be sure not to destroy the precious natural chemicals substance they contain. This is based on this scientific study of Pr Beliveau in Canada: "Antiproliferative (ie. anti-tumor) and antioxidant activities of common vegetables: A comparative study"
http://richardbeliveau.org/images/Publications/2008/233.Boivin.pdf

There is also this story:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1036857/Broccoli-juice-helps-patient-beat-bladder-cancer.html
This is why I'm eating lots of raw cabbage/kale/broccoli. I add them everyday in my dish ! I don;t juice them, I eat them but in large quantities.

I also had this mysterious Herbal potion of the "sorcerer" who is very famous in his country to heal cancer ! There is in my village another person who has been cured by him. She had kidney cancer (her tumor was 9 cm in diameter !) and has now completely disappear and without any surgery/chimio. It's stunting ! In addition to his magical potion the witch-doctor also advocate a vegetarian WOE (well, he tolerated milk/cheese while I became strictly vegan). The only thing I know of the potion is that it's made of herbs he collects in the mountains where he lives. No idea which herbs, he won't say. Secret !

You know, I'm not a mystic person. On the contrary I have a mathematical background and generally speaking I do not believe in supernatural stories :-). I simply made my research/home work after I was diagnosed and made my decision freely after considering all possible options and despite an incredible pressure from the doctors and even some members of my family.

So at the end I can't be sure which item cured my cancer but I would think that it's probably the combination of all. The only certitude I have is that if I was following the medical establishment path today I would be, at best, an invalid.

If I had to order them in terms of importance I would say:
1- Vegan-mostly-raw-organic-plant-based-diet + starch
2- Mistletoe, amygdalin and the sorcerer's "magic potion".

I repeat, I'm not a doctor and I'm just telling what I did when I had to face the difficult choice.

I also keep my finger crossed (well, I'd rather stick to my WOE :-) ) that there is no recurrence of my cancer. Doctors usually consider cancer is fully cured after 5 years. Let's wait and see :-)

And Karuna, good luck to you with your decision !
My testimonial:
Rick Over

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories