Dr. McDougall was right about fat all along

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Dr. McDougall was right about fat all along

Postby CHEF AJ » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Wish I would have listened to him sooner.

http://www.vegsource.com/news/2013/11/l ... thers.html
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
www.HealthyTasteOnline.com
CHEF AJ

Re: Dr. McDougall was right about fat all along

Postby evangelin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:23 pm

I have been around here for quite a while but seldom post. I just felt the need to break out of my silence to tell you that your latest picture has you looking like a movie star. I also want you to know that I always thought you looked great and would have never categorized you as fat. Take that for what it is worth because I am about the same size and build as your before picture. My extra pounds are not caused by nuts so much as medicating myself with chocolate. Unfortunately, medicinal use of chocolate comes with side effects :-o
Thank you for sharing your story. I think you are just awesome in any size!
I wish you health and peace,
Ev
evangelin

Postby secdroid » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:04 am

Excellent Vegsource article. Thanks for the details on your approach to this WOE. Your success, and that of your clients, speaks volumes.

Gotta get an electric pressure cooker... :)
secdroid

Postby ETeSelle » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:07 am

Great piece--and you look FABULOU! :-) Like you, I couldn't lose weight nor keep if off it I ate nuts. They are just not part of my life--and I'm fine with that!
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby Adrienne » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:56 am

You look amazing!!! Ignore all the negative comments: these people are probably just jealous!
Adrienne

Postby JulieS » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:29 am

You look like you're in your 30's...thanks for sharing your story!
LOST 55 POUNDS! From pant size 14 to size 4, BMI:21
JulieS

Postby Lizzy_F » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:55 pm

Chef AJ, I'm so glad I got to read your article. Your story is so inspirational to me. I am still struggling with my demons (C.R.A.P.) but will hopefully get this right if I keep trying. It sounds like you conquered food demons and you give me hope I can do it too. Congratulations to you and to your clients!
Beth

"Long-term sustainable change is what we are really after." ~Jeff Novick
Lizzy_F

Postby CHEF AJ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:39 pm

evangelin wrote:I have been around here for quite a while but seldom post. I just felt the need to break out of my silence to tell you that your latest picture has you looking like a movie star. I also want you to know that I always thought you looked great and would have never categorized you as fat. Take that for what it is worth because I am about the same size and build as your before picture. My extra pounds are not caused by nuts so much as medicating myself with chocolate. Unfortunately, medicinal use of chocolate comes with side effects :-o
Thank you for sharing your story. I think you are just awesome in any size!
I wish you health and peace,
Ev

Thank you. I used to be a real chocoholic and gave it up on November 7, 2010. One trip to True North and Dr. Goldhamer cured me of that! :)
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
CHEF AJ

Postby CHEF AJ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:41 pm

secdroid wrote:Excellent Vegsource article. Thanks for the details on your approach to this WOE. Your success, and that of your clients, speaks volumes.

Gotta get an electric pressure cooker... :)

I believe you can still get the $45 discount with the code AJ
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
CHEF AJ

Postby CHEF AJ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 pm

ETeSelle wrote:Great piece--and you look FABULOU! :-) Like you, I couldn't lose weight nor keep if off it I ate nuts. They are just not part of my life--and I'm fine with that!

Glad to hear that I'm not unique in that aspect. Especially when I read nonsense like this!

http://housecall.drhyman.com/?p=192&utm ... ntent=read
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
CHEF AJ

Postby CHEF AJ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Adrienne wrote:You look amazing!!! Ignore all the negative comments: these people are probably just jealous!

could be
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
CHEF AJ

Postby CHEF AJ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:46 pm

JulieS wrote:You look like you're in your 30's...thanks for sharing your story!

Thanks. I'm almost 54. I noticed you are from SF. I'll be doing a Vegan Iron Chef there on 3-23-14.
Love & Kale,
Chef AJ
www.EatUnprocessed.com
CHEF AJ

Postby theresam » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:00 am

Beautiful inside and out, AJ!! After reading your article yesterday and sleeping on it, you've got me to finally get real with myself and say "uncle" to my hanging onto fat in my diet. I am so inspired by your transformation. I know how you must feel is so much more than the outside (which is amazingly gorgeous as well!) but you have GOT to be feeling really good inside too.

I have to admit, the idea of having NO oil dressings or nuts or seeds was truly frightening. But when I read what you posted about what you eat in a day, I realized I was being really childish. You aren't STARVING yourself, you are eating great food! I realize a few seeds in a dressing (and I do mean a FEW) or water sauteing is not going to kill me. And I love your greens for breakfast eating. I did that yesterday and today with miso soup and rice, and it was great. I have more energy and mentally feel very clear. I'm in!

I had been eating a lot of added fat even still, with nuts in desserts, dressings, popcorn with coconut oil, olive oil or coconut oil for sauteing still (a TBSP per big pot of soup, so not a lot, by why do I need any?) I want to lose another 15 pounds by my reckoning (avoid the scale) and it aint likely to happen if I keep it up.

Just congrats and thanks so much for your courage to "experiment". We all get to benefit from it! As far as naysayers, I know you don't take it personally. Just pray for 'em. If the truth was easy everyone would do it. Thank God you weren't perfect, how would we have ever benefited from your great story? We will never be perfect, and gentleness with ourselves is best. If we slip, tomorrow is another day and a brand new start. God bless!
theresam

Postby JulieS » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:28 am

CHEF AJ wrote:
JulieS wrote:You look like you're in your 30's...thanks for sharing your story!

Thanks. I'm almost 54. I noticed you are from SF. I'll be doing a Vegan Iron Chef there on 3-23-14.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll check out how to get tickets to it! That'll be so cool!
LOST 55 POUNDS! From pant size 14 to size 4, BMI:21
JulieS

Postby jamietwo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:36 pm

I saw your age printed in the article and thought it was a misprint! I too think you look like you're in your 30's! In any case, you look great! Congratulations!
Jamie
jamietwo

Next

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories