Gut problem gone

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Gut problem gone

Postby Okletsee » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:49 am

I don't know if anyone had ever experienced this, but I was plagued with a terrible gut problem for years, off and on that drove me nuts. I had bloating, sulfurous burps, terrible flatulence, cramping and runny stools. It would come and go, but I started noticing that mostly it occurred after a big meal of meat or smoked meat. I had stools tested, treated for pinworms, on and on it went. There was no treatment for it that worked, other than I learned to start fasting at the first symptoms and it would generally subside in 24 hours. This condition would absolutely isolate me because of the horrible symptoms. People said it was just a sour stomach. Whatever it was, I HAVE BEEN FREE OF IT SINCE GOING STRICTLY PLANT BASED. I always suspected the meat, or something in the meat was making me sick, and this confirms it. I've also lost 40 lbs.
Okletsee

Re: Gut problem gone

Postby eXtremE » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:33 am

ImageCongrats on the weight loss and resolution of your gut problem.Image
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Postby carollynne » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:04 am

Amazing isn't it? I am thrilled for you that you can say that your gut is healed by going starch based and plant based, I love it myself. I wish my HD could really stick to this with us in family and our house. He has similar problems. But he does not want to really sick with the WOE, just now and then, but that is a beginning I know.
I have lost about 60 lbs and never thought I'd be in the 150s ever again. cured my NAFLD!! Feel great!! Wt loss is so good for the knees and back, ankle, that I know I will never start back to the SAD way of eating again.
carollynne

Postby wkriski » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:06 am

It's great to find out that avoiding certain foods fixes some of our issues. I'm very happy for you!
wkriski

Postby MamaSistina » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:59 am

Oh good for you! I'm happy for you! I really appreciate that my guts feel better now too. I wake up feeling light and vibrant now that there's not meat putrifying in my gut....... :lol:
MamaSistina

Postby judynew » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:57 am

Isn't it wonderful to be in control? I also was tested for parasites, etc. One was actually found but treating it didn't help my problem at all! I have great regard for my family doctor and wouldn't even think of changing but all during this process, diet was not even mentioned. Doctors really do need to be better informed about diet and lifestyle.
judynew

Postby abbyroadwalkerhall » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this, been doing this few weeks now, first thing that has left me was the terrible indigestion,{gerd}, I have a haiti hernia,{ pardon the spelling}, and was having so much trouble with that, scared me enough to contact a gastro dr. to get checked. All is so much better, symptoms are disappearing now, losing stomach weight as well. So what can I say, when you change your diet to eating healthier, you reap the benefits. I am still going to have the colonoscopy and endoscopy, I want to be sure all is well in there!. Blessings to all, Brenda Hall
abbyroadwalkerhall

Postby Okletsee » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks everyone for the Kudos. I too am the only person in a household doing this WOE. I have faced the pressures of well meaning friends and family telling me "just this once" or "this is a special occasion", ....whatever. I just tell them the truth. Eating all that other stuff MAKES ME SICK. I've had cholesterol problems and fat issues so why eat what makes me sick? Once I explain that I can't tolerate those things, they leave me alone. SAD is making everyone sick, I just admit it and they leave me alone. :)

Brenda: the scopes are not fun because of the preparation. I've had them both and don't remember anything accept how good the drugs were. Enjoy :-D
Okletsee

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories